Bolsa on my mind

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Angelo, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Went out with a couple of the buds today at Bolsa Chica Wetlands. Not a lot of great shooting unfortunately... but here's what I could salvage. Ben, Brett, Jeff, nice shooting with you guys.

43394639-L.
    43394648-L.
    43394645-L.

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

good stuff Angelo glad you join us :smile:

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Good shots Angelo. You did better than I did today. The birds were pretty sparse around here. :rolleyes:

4. It's nice to see other Cafe members hooking up to shoot together. I know I've enjoyed my time meeting members over the last few months. I look forward to seeing more of your shots!

5. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    The more I hang with you the more I'll learn. :wink:

6. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well it wasn't so great here either but it's always fun to hang with other Cafeans! I just wish Ben would learn to bring a thermos of coffee. :smile:

7. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Kevin, we always have fun together. Thanks for looking.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Angelo,
    I have learned, if you get one keeper worth a print its a great day out :>)))

Last two times I was out it was kinda crummy for be. Until I got home and found a few good keepers.

Being together with the cafe friends is the best.

9. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Absolutely! Thanks for looking. :smile:

10. So ANgelo, When you kiddies are out shooting birds like last weekend at Bolsa.. What lens setup are you using? 300mm, 500mm, 600mm.

From what I can see on bens images he shoots at a focal length of 420mm which if my math is right a 300mm and 1.4X TC. but then it is digital and add in the 1.5XFOV crop factor?

Thanks

11. Good job Angelo, this places you in good company.

12. barrymt

barrymt Guest

Hi Angelo,

Notice you and a few others were posting about Bolsa Chica. I was there a fw weeks ago and found the gates blocked with horses. Looked like renovation in the area had closed the lot. Is this still the case?

Barry

13. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Never seen that before Barry, I for sure would have shot that scene :biggrin:
    Anyway the bridge at PCH is closed for renovation, but you can park at Warner and PCH walk in from there. The Reddish Egret seems to like that stretch from Warner to the chain link area. There is alot of construction (for the better I hope) going on and lots of the birds have migrated elsewhere for the season.

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Good shot Angelo.

15. barrymt

barrymt Guest

Thanks Ben

Ben,
    Thanks for the update on Bolsa Chica access.

Reading between the lines I guess you, Angelo and Jeff are the group Jeff told me about at RR class in Burbank in July.

Have been sitting patiently for D200, got it on order, and hear it is coming in about 3 weeks. Plan to be getting back to Bolsa Chica after that.

Barry