bombay hook sampler --11 imgs

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mood, Apr 13, 2011.

1. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
  2. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Great IQ,Color & Set Frank!

3. Nice set with great variety Frank. Did you try a vertical crop on #5? I think it may work a bit better. Love the simple, "clean" look of it though.

4. bill_w

bill_w

Oct 11, 2009
    Dover, DE
    Glad you had a good time there regardless of the weather, Frank. Well worth the trip. We were in the 80's and sunny here the other day, but I am only off on the rainy days lol.. There is a good variety right now that you showed very well.. Thats quite an impressive group of BCNH's you got there.. makes me mad that those trees they hang out is out of my 70-300mm range though.. and nothing screams BBH like the RWBB's.. Great series!

Fingers crossed that the weather this weekend will hold out.. probably spend some more time there ;)

5. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla

thanks Steve

thanks Rich, will try that crop

thanks Bill

you and me both with the rain :cool:

the RWBBs were certainly out in force

saw a few harriers also, but way too quick for me....

found a fox den though.......:wink:

6. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Very good set Frank. The light worked for you in #3, which is a nifty egret portrait. Also like the swallow very much. You must have had a good time capturing this many different birds.

7. sla12

sla12

Jul 2, 2009
    Nashua, NH
    Very Nice Frank! Great trip with a variety of birds.

8. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    thanks Baxter, Al

9. bill_w

bill_w

Oct 11, 2009
    Dover, DE
    "found a fox den though.......:wink:"

Nice... Had heard there were a few there. Could guess the general areas but haven't ventured off the drive much to find them.. That's the problem with living so close, I go there so often, many times just take one trip around the drive and thats it.. Been trying to stop more now and explore before the flies get unbearable..

10. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    so true, Bill, after May, my trips to BBH and Assateague usually wait until Oct/Nov

pm me for details about the den, if interested

11. Nice shots Franks!

12. Frank, you have some great shots in this series. I keep coming back to #7, I've seen that many Black Crown Night Herons at one time. I think they're BCNH's. Well done.

13. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    thanks Anthony, Louie

@Louie...they are BCNH, and because they are so far, you only get a small section even @400mm

there are 3 times as many around this group, just too small in the picture with a wider lens..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.