bombay hook sampler --11 imgs

from a few days ago
horrible white skies, dark sunless mornings, intermittent rain sprinkles

still a great time, with wonderful variety

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 881622

View attachment 881624

View attachment 881625

Nice set with great variety Frank. Did you try a vertical crop on #5? I think it may work a bit better. Love the simple, "clean" look of it though.

Glad you had a good time there regardless of the weather, Frank. Well worth the trip. We were in the 80's and sunny here the other day, but I am only off on the rainy days lol.. There is a good variety right now that you showed very well.. Thats quite an impressive group of BCNH's you got there.. makes me mad that those trees they hang out is out of my 70-300mm range though.. and nothing screams BBH like the RWBB's.. Great series!

Fingers crossed that the weather this weekend will hold out.. probably spend some more time there ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great IQ,Color & Set Frank!

thanks Steve

Nice set with great variety Frank. Did you try a vertical crop on #5? I think it may work a bit better. Love the simple, "clean" look of it though.
thanks Rich, will try that crop

Glad you had a good time there regardless of the weather, Frank. Well worth the trip. We were in the 80's and sunny here the other day, but I am only off on the rainy days lol.. There is a good variety right now that you showed very well.. Thats quite an impressive group of BCNH's you got there.. makes me mad that those trees they hang out is out of my 70-300mm range though.. and nothing screams BBH like the RWBB's.. Great series!

Fingers crossed that the weather this weekend will hold out.. probably spend some more time there ;)
thanks Bill

you and me both with the rain :cool:

the RWBBs were certainly out in force

saw a few harriers also, but way too quick for me....

found a fox den though.......:wink:

Very good set Frank. The light worked for you in #3, which is a nifty egret portrait. Also like the swallow very much. You must have had a good time capturing this many different birds.

"found a fox den though.......:wink:"

Nice... Had heard there were a few there. Could guess the general areas but haven't ventured off the drive much to find them.. That's the problem with living so close, I go there so often, many times just take one trip around the drive and thats it.. Been trying to stop more now and explore before the flies get unbearable..

so true, Bill, after May, my trips to BBH and Assateague usually wait until Oct/Nov

pm me for details about the den, if interested

thanks Anthony, Louie

@Louie...they are BCNH, and because they are so far, you only get a small section even @400mm

there are 3 times as many around this group, just too small in the picture with a wider lens..

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom