Bombs Away

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Desert Rat, Nov 7, 2005.

1. This flying old aircraft a B-25 Mitchell (Same type used by Doolittle to bomb Tokoyo) Shot at the Camarillo airshow in August 2005.

This one is the Executive Suite

Tech
    D2X
    80-200
    1.4X TC
    shutte speed somewhere around 1/400 or slower to keep the props from freezing and looking static...

2. Wow, executive "sweet"! neat shot.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Okay Eric. I officially love the shot. Its good to have another aircraft fan onboard. I need to get my buddy to join up so he can post a pic of me standing next to "Strawberry *****" a B24 on display at Wright Patterson in Dayton Ohio.

I love the B25, fantastic machine. Your shot is most excellent.

Thank you for sharing.

4. :biggrin: Thanks Patrick,

You ain't (bad english) seen nothing yet.. :Sheriff:

I have a whole inventory of warbirds and prop planes... I just started shooting airshows in May 2004.
    Been to several this year and several last year...

You should come out here in May for the Planes of Fame airshow http;//www.planesoffame.org

They have all the old warbirds....

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Patrick :

There are actually a few of us floating around here, even if we aren't always posting these old beauties.

Hey, hop on a flight down to Odessa, Texas this weekend, and we'll shoot the CAF at the airport ! I shoot aircraft wherever I travel, and there's a pretty fine collection here.

I'm here for almost two weeks on business, and I plan on getting at least a few good moments in at the CAF. Drop by.

John P.

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Oh man!!! I wish I could. I love the CAF planes. They used to have this commercial about littering back when it was the Texas Air Force. Showed a guy littering out of his car window and behind it you heard this low roar and a b17 I think came over the horizon. Voice over said, something like. Don't litter, we're watching! It was pretty cool.

Thanks for the invite. I"ll just have to wait for you to post your captures. Looking forward to it.

Regards,

7. :Sheriff: Well, May is a ways away so let me know if things change.. it runs for the weekend both Saturday and Sunday.

For now you can check out my wesite under airshows. I have to add some more still for this years shows..

http://www.pase.com/desertrat99/airshows_

-----------------------------------------------------------

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful image, Eric...the detail and colors are excellant.

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi eric

Another great shot I think imo.

I love the colours and the sharpness.

Great image - one to frame and hang!

Best wishes

Ray

10. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Beautiful image of one of my favorite aircraft. Thanks for sharing.

11. Excellent shot Eric. I've never shot planes/jets but I do admire looking at them.

12. I love this shot, Eric. Thanks.

Patrick, I am another aircarft fan, so much so that I actually joined the Hong Kong Air Cadet Corps. Unfortunately there is very little chance to see these beautiful planes in my city.

13. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Eric,

The image is wonderful! Do you attend any fly-ins?

14. Thanks Frank, Ray and Scott... I was quite surprised how fahrp the original RAW image was when i looked at it on the monitor at home...

15. Now that's a new photography term to me... :rolleyes: Must be an avionics thing... :biggrin:

16. DOH!! Did not see that is was supposed to be sharp...

17. LOL! I'm just having fun... :rolleyes: It was a great shot regardless of the workflow! :tongue:

18. FIgured that Jimbo... :biggrin:

19. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Great capture, With this winter weather, it is good seeing some sunny skies. Heck I feel the need to post an aircraft shot after this great capture of yours! Bravo

Wade