Book Collectors

I have a ton (maybe literally) of old books of every sort. Mostly from 1900-1950's and in good condition. Anyone know of a place to sell them besides eBay?

By us there is a place called Half Price Books. They buy the books and then resell them. Not sure how much you would get for them.

Because of the ages of some of your books, you might want to try finding a vintage collector type store - You might be surprised at the value of some of what you have - depending on what they are. I have a couple of Grace livingston Hill books that are worth over $100 because of the print date......

A vintage book store will pay you wholesale of what they are worth. Half price books will pay you by the pound, damn near. You will get a lot more of you go consumer direct. Not sure why you don't want to go ebay, but you stand to make the most there.

I have no idea where you could find values for them. Not familiar enough with that market.

Thanks for the responses.

Its not that I don't want to go to eBay, I just didn't know if there was some better place. I have those and a bunch of old (some really old) vinal LP's that I don't want to store anymore. I will look around for a vintage book store, I know that there are some in NOLA.

eBay has a forum for people who sell books. I would suggest posting your question there. There are some really good book dealers/sellers in the forum that sale at other places besides eBay and will share info with you.

I sell a lot of books on eBay (I have around 500 in my garage to list over the summer). Some of the older books (I have some from the 1800s) simply have no value while others do.

You can so some research on Amazon and eBay to find out the value/asking prices on those older books. I use Amazon to help me find a range of the prices and then look at eBay to see if the books are selling at the Amazon prices.

You can make more $$$ if you sell them yourself but it can take awhile. I have an eBay store and sometimes items can sit there for months before I sell it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom