Bored Bengal (2pics)+ 1 for spots

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by cajun angel, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Okay, working on composition, exposure, and trying to capture Simba doing something other than "being bored" when I point the camera at him. So, here's my rather bored bengal......

2901373025_6a66e0ceb9_b.

View attachment 260746

Here's one just to show off his spots
    View attachment 260747

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  2. Dianne:

You have the exposure and focus down really well. I like the tight crop best.

Michael

3. Thanks Michael! I'm finding out the more I practice, the more I get it right! If ya notice 2 different photos - the cat's expression had changed when I moved a string across the floor.

4. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    Simba is GORGEOUS!!!

very nice portrait

5. Thanks Lisa! I've been trying to catch him in a position that would really show off his spots. BUT, usually when he sees me with my camera, he puts on his "bored" look or just turns his back on me. One of these days, I'll get those spots!:rolleyes: 

6. I wish more pet owners would get down and shoot INTO their pet's face like you've done, Dianne. It looks so much better and shows more personality. Great portrait.

7. Dianne,

I like these shots--and prefer the first, more tightly cropped one. Very sharp!

Glenn

8. Thanks! I was actually on my tummy, with the camera sitting on the floor! I'm trying hard to improve my techniques and skills. Da cats make for good practice even when they're bored! And thanks again! I really appreciate it.

Thanks Glenn! I posted both shots because Simba's facial expression changed a little. He's a really interesting cat when he wants to be! :wink:

Thanks ya'll, you can bet there'll be tons more practice! :rolleyes: 

9. He's not bored, Dianne! He moved his irises - therefore the brain is connected to the body; the other 23 hours in a day it is disconnected whilst sleeping! Is that flecks of catnip I see on the rug in #2? (which may account for the apparent lethargy)

Super shots of your tabby!

10. Tabby?!:tongue: Man, dat cat has spots on im! :biggrin: He's a tarnished silver bengal. Gotta get da spots next time! No catnip, probably something the kids spilt on the carpet and I didnt' see it. He really doesn't sleep that much - I've tried getting him in action, but he's so fast, I can't focus on him 1/2 the time. Oh, thanks for the compliments! I"ll post more - especially when I can get him showing his spots.:rolleyes: :biggrin:

11. husawis

husawis Guest

Dianne - very nice - still looking for a bengal here to keep my ocicat company - funny though when you look at the faces alone hard to tell the difference until you get to the body - my ocicat looks more devilish though - have you tired any of those fishing pole toys to get him jumping?

12. Hi and oh yes, we have tons of toys for Simba, Sam, and Sylvester! Just kinda hard to do the shooting and playing at the same time! I'm hoping to do more when the kids come home - SImba is really fond of my daughter and she can get him to do just about anything!

Bengals come in different patterns - rosetted, marble, and can't remember the other color combos. Anytime you wanna talk about cats, just pm me and we'll exchange ph#'s. I can put you in touch with a couple of breeders too. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your kitty too! He's gorgeous! ANd thanks for stopping by!

13. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Bored is their nature, Dianne. Really bored when you want something back for all that food and vet care is their specialty!

Simba is a pretty kitty, no doubt about it.

14. Thanks Toby! Simba is a very unusual character when he wants to be. I'll have to sit and try for some action shots. He can be quite fast when he's in the mood for it.

15. You have more than just a photo - it is the "cat" itself. Hard to do. Congrats!

Mike

16. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    I would love to see some action shots if you ever get them. I think someone on here posted some awhile ago of their cat and I think it was a Bengal...it was not the regular tabby variety...such cool animals

17. Exposure and composition look very good. I prefer the tight shot but that's just my personal preference...

18. Thanks Mike! I've been shooting at that crazy bengal all morning, making all kinds of racket to get SImba to do something, but he knows better - when he sees the camera, he just puts on his "bored and when are you gonna quit" look.

That makes 2 of us! Simba usually gets wild and crazy when I don't have the camera or when I'm in another room. I'll have to get my kids to "assist" me and get him doing something. I'll be working on it!

Thanks ya'll for stopping by!

19. Thanks Jim! Almost missed your response! Simba had changed his expression, that's why I posted 2. The first one is my favorite too. ANd thandk for stopping by!

20. Well done Dianne... Love that first shot....
    What a cutie.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.