1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

boredom + macro lens + face

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Davo, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    not really a "people" picture...and the macro forum is more geared toward the flora...so...miscellaneous it is!

i got bored sitting at home yesterday (the joys of being "in between jobs" lol), and this is what happened.

DSC_1227sm.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_1229sm.jpg

DSC_1233sm.jpg

DSC_1231sm.jpg

DSC_1236sm.jpg

DSC_1238sm.jpg

d300, ISO 100, sigma 70 macro, strobe w/ stacked gels that ended up approximately the color of mountain dew :p  NEF converted using ACR, and the only sharpening was the standard +25 in ACR (allegedly, as they say, to counteract the AA filter...whatever...no sharpening at all was necessary, but i just never touch that default).

thoughts, comments, critiques, whatever.

cheers,
    david

2. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    awesome shots, nice saliva in the last one

3. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    haha. i decided to leave the saliva just to display the detail the lens picks up. the lens is a complete monster...pop photo called it the sharpest lens sigma makes, and i don't doubt that. (though the bokeh leaves a lot to be desired as a "portrait" lens, however)

thanks for commenting ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.