Critique Bosque Blackbirds at Sunrise

Going through images from a Bosque trip in January.
This was my first morning at the flight pond, north of the flight deck.
Blackbirds were simply swarming a tree across the pond. It wasn't what I was there to shoot, but what the heck. Shot them a little. Liked the images that evening and was prepared to work them the next morning.
4 more sunrise shots, they never came back. Not once.
A good reminder for me, shoot it when you see it, don't wait. It may not be there when you are ready.
I have this printed and sitting on my display easel. All the different bird positions I find fascinating. With just enough still birds on the tree to anchor me.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Gary

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't think it's a matter of whether the out of focus birds are not bothersome; it's a matter of whether that out of focus characteristic contributes to the image. I just now realized that, for me, the image would be stronger if the birds in the sky were either more out of focus or sharp. It's very possible that when viewed in a large print, they are out of focus enough.

I put up some of these to see what people think. As my wife and I have self isolated, sites like this can be used as my audience, if you will.
Thanks for helping.
I really really like blurry images. But that is just me. Something about how they convey motion. I need something sharp, but often not a lot.
I like this image. Not one of my top 10 ever or anything, but every time I look at it I notice something new. That is all I ask an image to do sometimes.
Thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate hearing how others see work.
And don't worry, you will not hurt my feelings.
I have another blurry one I am working on.
Thanks
Gary

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom