Boston at night

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by mikey v, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Heres is a picture I took recently while working in Cambridge Mass. I was there for a week and finally on the last night I had decent weather to get this shot. I hope you like it.:wink:
    p782275713-4.

2. Looks good!! Did you get a chance to do any touring while up here? :smile:

3. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Makes me "home"sick! Can't wait to be back there :smile:

4. Thanks!

I was covering for a technician on vacation so I got to drive into the city once. Once was enough, I took the T in for the rest of the week. The hotel I was at was only a couple of blocks from Calumet Camera store in Cambridge. I had a good time there, picked up my D200. I did a little walking around Cambridge and Downtown Boston. Went into the Science center for a little while. Cities are not really my thing. I volunteered so I could go up to Acadia National Park over the weekend. Leaving from Boston gives me a 10 hour head start.

5. Looks Great

Nice Shot. Great color and composition. I love the dock in the foreground.

6. Agreed, I'm not a city person either and know painfully little about touring Boston. :redface: As a medic, I know all the hospitals and all the DD's......otherwise, I gotta get out books and maps to see any touristy stuff! :tongue: You were smart to take the T, Boston is definitely NOT a driving city. :smile:

Acadia is in incredible, I hope you made it up there!

7. gerryblake

gerryblake

Jan 29, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Great shot!! I was just up there 2 weeks ago for a wedding. Took over 900 pics by the time I returned home. What a fun city to visit, can't wait to go back.

8. Good work but the brown sky doesnt leave much hope for future generations.
    Not trying to be a party pooper but it gives cause for concern.:frown:

9. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I wouldn't be suprised if the brown was just long-exposure clouds. I've seen it in my own Boston photos as well (here), when in reality it was just city lights bouncing off of fog.

10. You're right there was a low cloud layer. All the light is reflected from the city, it was about 9:30pm when I took this shot. This was taken with a D200, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 lens, exposure was 30 seconds at f/22. The whole rest of the week it was raining so this was the only decent night I had to get the shot.:smile: