Botanical garden in Tpa (8 pics)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by MarkM, Apr 5, 2007.

1. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Howdy all, haven't posted in a while - sometimes when life throws lemons at you, it cuts into play time. I recently went out to a small botanical garden but the flowers seemed to be confused due to the brief cool spurts breaking up the typical warm weather here in Tampa Florida and didn't know wether to bloom or fade away. I made the best of it and played with the 'dynamic duo' anyway.

These were shot as raw, aperture priority, unsharp mask and resized.

18-200VR with 500D
    [​IMG]
    70-300VR straight up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still learning, hope you like them
    Peace
    Mark

2. JDar

JDar

Jan 28, 2007
    TX/NM
    Those are beauties. Looks like you had a great time.

3. Bokang

Bokang

May 13, 2006
    Hew Hope, PA
    I love the first butterfly the most. Thanks for sharing.

4. Mainuh

Mainuh

Feb 20, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Awesome photos Mark! Thanks for posting!

5. Nice water lily shots, Mark.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    beautiful

7. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Thanks All

Thanks All, it was fun. Unfortunately, the advertised 1700 feet of boardwalk was removed and being replaced so my friends and I were unable to fully explore the area. Also, there was an outdoor wedding taking place that day and we were getting alot of looks from the guests and photographer at our gear.

Hopefully the flowers and lilly ponds will look better and cleaner on our next trip.

Peace
    Mark