Botanical Gardens - Rich

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Rich Gibson, Apr 6, 2007.

1. After all the tree removal work I finally got the first day done. The macro was with the 105 VR I love it.

Rich

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful set, Rich! My favorites are the first and last! I love my 105VR too, btw!

3. Thanks, weird. I am not happy with the color of these images, yet they are sRGB. Here they are in Adobe98 RGB.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Are these more vibrant? They look like it to me on my two monitors. However everyone says sRGB should yield better images on web pages.

Go figure?

Rich

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

The second postings are much more vibrant.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Yes, 2nd postings much brighter!

6. very nice Rich! not sure on the color issue but they are nice

7. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I lie them all Rich. Nice set

8. So nice to see the colours - still waiting up here :frown:

9. Rich, this is VERY strange. I downloaded the last pic, the AdobeRGB red rose, and when I open it in PSCS2, it says it does not have an embedded RGB profile.
    I changed two of my floral pics from sRGB to Adobe98RGB and when I put them side by side on Pbase, the sRGB is much more colourful.... hmmmm....... strange.

10. I did a bit more digging..but I remain a bit confused. There is a discussion in the Smugmug help area about colors. They automatically change Adobe98 to sRGB and then store it. If that's the case technically those images should be identical. I assume that the Adobe98 ones have their profile stripped out, that's why you and the other person couldn't find a profile.

I am still baffled about my two examples. All I did was take the sRGB images I uploaded to Smugmug into Photoshop and converted them to Adobe 98 and saved and uploaded them into another gallery.

The discussion about color at Smugmug goes much farther essentially saying Adobe 98 is waste for all but the CMYK offset crowd. I think that's a bit over the top for me.

Anyone feel free to jump in, we have some inconsistencies and could use some "guru" advice; we'll all learn.

Thanks Sandi, Rich

11. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  12. Totally gorgeous! I think that lens will be on my wish list for next year! Great job!

13. These are wonderful, Rich! That lens works quite nicely in your hands!

14. Nice work on all of these, Rich. :smile:

15. Thanks all! A bonus was the discussion about profiles and learning how to work with them.

Rich