1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Botanical Gardens

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by dmwphoto, Mar 31, 2007.

1. A beautiful day! The breeze made the Macro work a bit of a challenge but here are a few of my takeaways

The 115 year old Dogwood, a real beauty!

[​IMG]

Trillium from one of the most complete Trillium gardens I have ever seen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Those are great Dave. The purple rope is really neat.

3. Wow, that dogwood tree is fantastic. I have never seen one quite that nice. Thanks for sharing Dave.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The first one is absolitely gorgeous.
    Wow what a beautiful tree

5. Mason, Gordon, and Gale,
    The tree was a real treat to see and catching it in full gloriuos bloom- priceless!

6. Beautiful job, Dave! That tree was just something else, a true vision of loveliness and testament to nature's glory. It is the most beautiful and magnificent dogwood tree I have ever seen!

7. Oh Dave! I've got tears in my eyes! What a stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, dogwood! The macros are nice too! But oh the dogwood! That's about the most beautiful specimen I've ever seen! Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!! Thanks!!!

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey whAt are you guys doing inside on a computer???????????????????

GO OUT AND PLAY

9. We are on a break, getting ready to go up to the mountain tonight. I think most people were ready for a nap!

10. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    I have to agree with the others...what a beautiful Dogwood tree!

11. LOL, Gale I've been getting onto the kids too! That dogwood is somethng else, ain't it!

12. Fabulous shot of that beautiful tree Dave!
    Yep, we're all taking a little break before heading up to Sommer's campground.
    (As mentioned before, my images when I'm back home - I did not bring my laptop)

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great photos, Dave! Didn't I promise the dogwood would be amazing?!?!

14. Thanks Frits. It will will be well worth waiting to see your images!

Leigh,
    You did say that tree would be amazing and a must see. You were so right!
    This will become a print at my home for sure!

I am having a ball!
    [​IMG]

15. After we got back from the Botanical Gardens, I had a lovely swim in the hotel pool and then have been hard at work uploading and processing images! :smile: First ones are up -- they're in the thread on Meet and Greet....

Made me hungry processing them! Guess it's getting close to dinner time!

16. Dave, I really like

the dogwood, and the ropes. I though about shooting them, and did not. Now I wish I had. Maybe next time.

17. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Dave. I thought that you were going back to the hotel to take a nap??!? I did, so I'm just now going through mine. :smile:

18. Very nice set, Dave. The Dogwood is beautiful.

19. never did get the nap. Processed all of my images instead. Just back from a great meal and too pooped to go to the campfire ;~((

20. Now Dave! You missed the campfire last year too! Shame on you! You better not chicken out next year! Oh well, get up early in the morning and say "HI" for me if you see "MY" eagle! LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.