Boy in the window

Spent the weekend in NYC for my brother-in-law's wedding. The kosher restaurant would not allow any photos on the sabbath.:eek: I went outside and took a photo of one of the striking guests through one of the windows.

This is with my new beast at f2.8 in pretty poor evening light at ISO 640. This lens always amazes me!

150660696-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch, what a great shot...eyes are magnificent...

Thanks, John.

He had beautiful eyes and was smitten with my daughter. They played in the window together for quite some time.

150676426-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This lens amazes me too, Mitch. I use it a lot for my available light photography.

Great compo and such a cute kid. A bit soft but I know for a fact that capturing kids wide open is always a trying affair.

Terrific images Doc! I esp love the 2nd one. I did an unscientific on-tripod sharpness test of my Beast, and found my images to be noticably soft @f2.8. When I stopped down to f3.2, it get better, then at f4 they got very sharp. The 1st pic is a little soft, but not disagreeably so, but the 2nd pic, also @f2.8is fine. Can you explain this?

Terrific images Doc! I esp love the 2nd one. I did an unscientific on-tripod sharpness test of my Beast, and found my images to be noticably soft @f2.8. When I stopped down to f3.2, it get better, then at f4 they got very sharp. The 1st pic is a little soft, but not disagreeably so, but the 2nd pic, also @f2.8is fine. Can you explain this?

Thanks, Steve.

I just got this lens 5 days ago. The item I missed the most after my recent theft was my old beast. Hard to explain, but I knew that lens well. It was sharp wide open and everything was smooth and broken in nicely. The new one is a little stiff, but I hope it will loosen up. It seems pretty sharp, but I'm just figuring it out.

Wow, just read about the loss

Thanks, Steve.

I just got this lens 5 days ago. The item I missed the most after my recent theft was my old beast. Hard to explain, but I knew that lens well. It was sharp wide open and everything was smooth and broken in nicely. The new one is a little stiff, but I hope it will loosen up. It seems pretty sharp, but I'm just figuring it out.

Holy smokes, if this isn't a wakeup call to everyone who has a bunch of expensive equipment, I don't know what is! Calling my Ins agent @9:01! Good luck with the replacement/recovery.

Anthony, there is no glass in this shot. This was an old, wooden window which opened inward. The wooden frame is what you see on the right.

:redface: :redface: :redface: Oops, you should have left me believing in your incredible talent... not that this very excellent photo did not take plenty of talent on it's own! A window without glass... what a novel concept. :wink: :tongue:

Latest threads

Top Bottom