1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Boys and sand dunes.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Sep 7, 2008.

1. My daughter and her family wanted their portrait taken at a local sand dune. The results of the formal portraits are here.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=187324

The kids just wanted to play in the sand. So I took some photos of them playing. There were done with the D300 and the 17-55 f2.8, or the 85 1.4.

It was fun watching them have so much fun.

original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 248511

View attachment 248512

View attachment 248513

View attachment 248514

View attachment 248515

It's so hard to get a photo to show how much the twins look alike. I think this one of them lying down in the sand by each other shows it best. I can usually tell them apart now, but it takes some studying to do so. Brighton is the one on the left who had been crying. He's started having the terrible two temper tantrums the past few days.

View attachment 248516

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Love #2 .. the expression you have captured is simply priceless. Looks like you are really enjoying your new D300.

3. Hi Terri

Boy have they grown! I remember when they were born. They look like real characters!

My favorite is the last picture.

PaulC

4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Super! Excellent!!

5. terri....
    every single thread of yours
    awesome
    you must have the happiest family on earth.... God Bless all of you
    love this series

#s 2, 3, 5, and the last one are my favorites
    i'd post-process #1 a bit more
    maybe more contrast...
    there's more to "get" out of THAT image, IMHO

6. Delightful images Terri. This is a perfect backdrop for such shots and really highlights the kiddie's. You have become an accomplished photographer and it shows with these shots.

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

fantastic terri .... what else can i say ..

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Beautiful boys!
    Love the expression in #2, but I like #3...looks like he's checking out this sand stuff! :smile:

9. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Love dad and kids on the beach, what a beautiful capture! All shots seriously are wonderful!

10. nshape

nshape

Jul 25, 2006
    NB Canada
    those boys are so cute!!! Love your shots.

11. Love 'em. 3 through 6 are all great and 5 is my favorite!

12. I can tell them apart too! Brigham(?) has more sand in his ear. :biggrin:
    No kidding... you can really tell them apart? I would be lost.
    That is a lovery series, Terri!

13. Terri, wonderful shots! I love the first two. I know you kept them loose to show the surroundings, but tighter crops would really make them wonderful portraits! Great light you caught on these.

14. I am glad you folks liked these. I will take the suggestions of more contrast in No. 1 and cropping tighter and see how they work out.

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't reply to each person. It's been a crazy couple of days around here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.