Boys H.S LAX

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Apr 29, 2007.

1. these were taken yesterday morning they played right next to the girls. All shots with the D2X and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mike, I look at your images and wonder just how many get purchased. I just cannot imagine some athlete and/or parent viewing these images and deciding not to buy one to cherish. Each and every one of these is a poster waiting to happen. I just think how complete the poster would be with their name, number and school. Your photography continues to inspire us and we appreciate that so much.

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I know if one of my children were playing, and you were taking pictures...wow..how much would I spend?

These are just superb...I feel like I'm right there on the field.

5. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Great as usual Mike. Number 5 is my favorite. You can really see the action and concentration on his face as he prepares to shoot.

6. very nice Mike

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

looks GREAT ... wish the lax season here was longer....

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I agree with Frank

9. JMartin

JMartin Guest

I agree completely. You and several of the others continue to set the bar high! After every shoot I look at my images, think about the images being posted here... then consider selling my gear. :D

Thank you for sharing!

10. cupowater

cupowater Guest

i would like to know also, how much do you normally sell a print to someone from one of those games for? I have been going to my little brother's lax game and taking photos i'm just not sure how much to sell the prints for, i don't even know where to start

11. Thanks Frank, I find LAX one of the hardest shoot and to get isolation type shots, so far this year I have shot 8 games and I still struggle.
    I am no shooting for a flat rate plus commision so Jon has all web orders sent to my email so I can track how I am doing. Sales are hard to predict it seems, and I believe that the recent hike in gas prices has put a crimp on folks "extra" cash for prints and things. i shot a 1/2 day with only a handful of orders and then I shot one freshman lax game and had over 500.00 worth of orders

12. Thanks feel free to adopt a few of these guys!!! LOL :biggrin:

14. Thanks for looking and commenting I really appreciate it

15. Thanks Randy

16. I will be shooting it all summer long it is real popular up here in the NE

17. Thanks for the kidn words, jsut keep shooting nothign better than practice practice and some more practice

18. Well at this point the company i do work for I just shoot the pictures and either download them right there at the event or upload to the companies web site. So I am not involved in sales.
    some events I shot on my own and the prices I am using this year are
    4X6 10.00
    5X7 15.00
    8X10 24.00

You have to figure your time shooting and processing and then consumables used and other costs like web storage and other costs