Boys HS Soccer

Got my to use my 300 2.8 VR a little more the other day. Took it off the monopod, sat down and used my knee for a brace. I think it was easier to keep up with everything. White uniforms were tough, but I don't think they are too blown out. Here's a few:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#5, Not the cleanest in the world (& very heavily cropped), but the impending doom says it all!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
very nice work Jim
I'm really wanting that lens...
maybe try setting ev down -.3 or even -.7 based on the histo and recover light in PP

Thanks Randy. I'll do that. The sun was so intense, I didn't need all the shutter speed I had, and the minus setting would help keep those white uniforms from blowing out so bad. I appreciate your comments.

Real Name
Randy
Thanks Randy. I'll do that. The sun was so intense, I didn't need all the shutter speed I had, and the minus setting would help keep those white uniforms from blowing out so bad. I appreciate your comments.

the minus EV will actually give you more SS, which can only help and not hurt...sometimes the sun is so bright here in Charlotte that even -1 on my 30d anyway won't stop whites and reds from blowing out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the minus EV will actually give you more SS, which can only help and not hurt...sometimes the sun is so bright here in Charlotte that even -1 on my 30d anyway won't stop whites and reds from blowing out

After thinking straight for a moment (tough for me sometimes), I understand my mistake in saying that. Thanks for clearing that up. Oh, by the way, congratulations on your magazine cover. I know you're very proud.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom