Boys HS Soccer

Got my to use my 300 2.8 VR a little more the other day. Took it off the monopod, sat down and used my knee for a brace. I think it was easier to keep up with everything. White uniforms were tough, but I don't think they are too blown out. Here's a few:

138162681-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

138162726-L.jpg

138162742-L.jpg

138162749-L.jpg

#5, Not the cleanest in the world (& very heavily cropped), but the impending doom says it all!
138162760-L.jpg

138162889-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Randy
very nice work Jim
I'm really wanting that lens...
maybe try setting ev down -.3 or even -.7 based on the histo and recover light in PP

very nice work Jim
I'm really wanting that lens...
maybe try setting ev down -.3 or even -.7 based on the histo and recover light in PP

Thanks Randy. I'll do that. The sun was so intense, I didn't need all the shutter speed I had, and the minus setting would help keep those white uniforms from blowing out so bad. I appreciate your comments.

Real Name
Randy
Thanks Randy. I'll do that. The sun was so intense, I didn't need all the shutter speed I had, and the minus setting would help keep those white uniforms from blowing out so bad. I appreciate your comments.

the minus EV will actually give you more SS, which can only help and not hurt...sometimes the sun is so bright here in Charlotte that even -1 on my 30d anyway won't stop whites and reds from blowing out

the minus EV will actually give you more SS, which can only help and not hurt...sometimes the sun is so bright here in Charlotte that even -1 on my 30d anyway won't stop whites and reds from blowing out

After thinking straight for a moment (tough for me sometimes), I understand my mistake in saying that. Thanks for clearing that up. Oh, by the way, congratulations on your magazine cover. I know you're very proud.

Latest threads

Top Bottom