Boys LAX from Saturday

I was hired to shoot a Freshman Boys lacrosse event on Saturday for once her in NJ we had sun and the game started at 11:00. When I showed up foudn the team was in white uniforms! Well with the players wearing helmets and masks it was hard to expose for the faces and not totally blow the uniforms. Well it was a long event and I struggled every bit of the way.
All shots with the D2X and the 300 2.8 and the 1.4 tele those long sided fields are tough to cover I coudl have used the 400 2.8 wiht a 1.4 next time I amy try my 200-400 with a 1.4 attached.
Ok enough excuses here are a few shots
DSC_9974.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_9793.JPG

DSC_9956.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG

K

kramk

Very nice job pulling out faces/details without blowing out highlights. Impressive. #2 is my fav also.

I see you were in A mode with generally -1 to -1.33 EV comp. Do you find that works better than shooting/ metering manually? I butchered a mid day bright sun soccer shoot today by metering the grass manually and thinking -2/3 comp would be enough, like it is in late afternoon. Man did I blow the white jerseys.... I was so confident ... and so flipping wrong.

best, mark

OMG Mike
You can shoot anything.
Great shots

I have NO CLUE what that darn sport is even about:>)
Reminds me of Grandma chasin Grandpa with the broom

I feel like a broken record, but each of your shots is a poster waiting to be placed on a wall. Mike, your work is so consistantly great.

Can I just say that #2 and 5 are my kids ...just so I can have a copy...Large poster please......:biggrin:

Nice stuff Mike.....

Thanks everyone, overall I was disappointed with my outing I was hoping to come back with some better shots, but that makes me want to get out there and just try harder

If you're disappointed with these pictures...I'd like to see something you are happy with! I think these are outstanding Mike.

No reason for excuses...

as far as I'm concerned. Great shots. I love the facial expressions behind the helmets.
Were you using a monopod?

K

kramk

Thanks everyone, overall I was disappointed with my outing I was hoping to come back with some better shots, but that makes me want to get out there and just try harder

Hey I know what you mean ... gotta try harder ... gotta try harder:wink:
it's a disease i think.

I still think you did a very good job with the hard light. The only real nit I have with the series is that they look a wee bit flat. If you don't mind, I'd like to take stab at trying to put the slightest amount of pop into one.... lemme know if it's OK. Not sure if I can, but I'd like to try..

best, mark

Latest threads

Top Bottom