1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Boys Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bvonarx, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Day two of the Lacey SC labor day tournament featured the boys clubs. Some good skills and lots of energy on display.

No. 1- The light was nice at 8:30
    [​IMG]

No. 2

[​IMG]

No. 3- Soft focus but an unusual body shape

[​IMG]

No. 4

[​IMG]

No. 5- The most talented kid I saw play that day

[​IMG]

No. 6- Good skills here too.

[​IMG]

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Great stuff !!

You handle the bright light much better than I do. These are really nice Brooks. The first and last are my favs...

Well done

3. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Some nice faces
    #1 would have more impact if he was kicking or throwing the ball-on it's own does not work for me
    #'s4,5&6 work well !!!good faces , good exposures

4. Brooks looking good. Handling the light perfectly.

5. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

I really like 4 (good conflict) and 6 (good timing) .... Nice work here brooks !!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice Brooks, love the facial expressions. Image quality is wonderful, you managed the lighting very well.

7. Brooks,

All are great as usual, I just especially love # 1, 4, 6. They catch my eye even more than the others, and all are great.

8. Very nice shots Brooks, my pick being #6 for the timing. Kind regards Graham.

9. Fantastic work Brooks. Very very nice.

10. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    These are very nice Brooks, great colors and action.

11. Thanx Rod, sometimes you go out not expecting much but end up with some good stuff

Thanx Mark, I agree No. 1 should be more dynamic it's more of an example of lighting I suppose. Wish more faces were turned up though.

Thanx G, it was in and out of clouds all morning, my fingers got a real work out turning those speed aperture wheels.

Thanx Toph, isolation is nice but soccer is a contact sport and conflict is interesting

Thanx Frank, the kids were fun to shoot

Thanx Steve, I think No. 4 is my fav

Thanx Graham, the kid was good, reminded me of Pedro Mendez in his Pompy days

Thanx Joe, it's was a blast to be back involved with the game.

Thanx Ron can't wait for the weekend to do it all over again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.