Brachytron pratense nymph etc

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j.ankanpaa, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Hello!

#1 Found a nymph of Brachytron pratense. After I took some photos it decided to go back to the pond...
    DSC_0098.

#2 Female Aeshna grandis
    Aeshnagrandis-6.

#3 This one´s emergence was failed and couldn´t fly :frown:
    Aeshnagrandis-16.

#4 Male Lestes sponsa
    Lestessponsa-1.

#5 I´m not an expert in butterflies but I think this is a Lasiocampa trifolii, maybe a female
    DSC_0004.

#6 A damsel (ID pending)
    DSC_0008.

#7 A butterfly (not a clue which one)
    DSC_0009.

Thanks for looking! :smile:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent shots Jukka. Too bad about the Aeshna grandis. Funny shots with damsel and the butterfly. I'm having trouble with these damsels but maybe a C pulchellum.

4. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Excellent images Jukka.

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Excellent work, Jukka.
    In one of my bird books, the author has a category he calls "confusing spring warblers". I think orange and black butterflies deserve a similar category:biggrin::wink:.

6. Great stuff Jukka. All with the 300??

How do you find your Gitzo 2220 for sturdiness and vibrations? It's one that is on my list of possible along with a Feisol.

The butterfly is from the Fritillary family I think, perhaps the Dark Green Fritillary (Rrgynnis aglaia).

#5 is a moth not a butterfly :wink:. I think you have the id right though.

Cheers

Alex

7. Thanks Gale!

And congrats breaking 30 000 posts line! :smile:

Tak, Torben!

Yep, it could be C pulchellum...

Thanks, Scott!

Thanks, Bob!

LOL! He and you got that right! :biggrin:

Thanks, Alex!

I find G2220 good enough for me. I read somewhere that if you look throught the VF and lightly tap the leg of the tripod and you see movement the tripod isn´t sturdy enough... I see movement... But then again if I think what I photograph, usually in good weather so there´s enough light and using MLU when there´s no wind and in those conditions G2220 is just fine...

Lately I have had some problems with one leg twist lock, it´s locking so that I can´t open it... At the moment it´s okay but let´s see for how long... I have been using my tripod in water without worrying so maybe that causes the problem or morelikely I think it´s all the sand which gets in

Pics #1-3 and 5 was taken with Tamron 90mm, others with 300mm...