Braves-Mets Game at the Ted

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by PhotoDawg, Apr 11, 2005.

1. I have been a Braves fan ever since I can remember. The last game I went to was on a Thursday, August 16, 1984 at Fulton County Stadium. All my little league team mates piled into the assistant coaches huge conversion van and headed to the game. I remember the whole team singing and making fun of the Prince song "When The Doves Cry". The song reached #1 in July of 1984 and the radio stations would not stop playing it. I think we counted about 25 "When The Doves Cry" songs to Atlanta. I also remember having to constantly put my head out the window b/c of our third baseman's smelly problem. The Braves played the Pirates that day and lost 5-2. Even though the Braves lost, I never forgot how much fun I had that day.

Last Saturday, April 9th, 2005 a couple of friends and I met in Atlanta for the Mets-Braves game in Turner Field. Fulton County Stadium is no longer, but we got to park in it. I was excited, b/c it was only my second Braves game ever, and I was 0-1 looking for a win. Turner Field is now home to the world's largest HD screen introduced this year. Enough about the Ted........the Braves went on to beat the Mets 6-3. Would have been cooler if it was against the Pirates.

Before we went into the Ted there were a couple of drunk tailgaters that noticed me taking pictures of the skyline and various other shots of the stadium. They yelled out "PICTURE TIME" and proceeded to do drunken poses.

[​IMG]

Before we gave our tickets at the gate, I got to see some really cool stuff. Here are a couple of shots of the Home Run King Hammerin' Hank Aaron.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We got in our seats in section 402 in the upper deck behind home plate. Great seats. You could see the whole game, and what was actually going on. I took about 200 shots of the game..........here are a few.

Chipper Jones getting ready for the next inning.

[​IMG]

Leading off first base

[​IMG]

Chipper Jones on his way to a double

[​IMG]

In between innings was real entertaining. The fans got to see their faces on the HD screen. Ted had a little fun with the Mets fans.

[​IMG]

Overall, our trip was fun. Just as it was in 1984, but without the smelly problem and constant repeat of "When The Doves Cry".

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh, I just love baseball!!! Your shots remind me of all the games I've been too....It's been a while....I think the last brave game was in '96....I've even went to a Los Angeles Dodger's game when we lived out there...Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

3. excellent, Bryan, excellent. who won, damnit???

4. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh man, great series and some mighty good narration as well. I've only been to one Braves game but I'm hoping against hope to take Chase in about another year.