Breakfast is Served!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by PhotoByMark, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Spotted this little fella making his breakfast and judging by the size of the meal - lunch too.

Taken w/105 micro, handheld, breeze blowing, spidy moving so these may not be quite as sharp as possible. Oh yeah, flash used, it was still dark out.

33380952_7fa8a086aa_o.
    33380941_6b3b2a6777_o.
    33380913_a0a9043132_o.
    33380904_4233496ba4_o.

2. No offense but you guys really need to find something else to shoot. These spiders are just too gross and scary looking. :)

Great shots and I think you did fine with wind blowing and handheld!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mark,
    You sure are doing great.

Great images.

Spiders. oh well.. They do make prety good subjects. Facinating to watch. Learning about the different webs they weave is really interesting.

Only spiders I don't like are the ones I can't see :>)))

PS prob not as gross as my Hawk with the snake :>)))

4. LOL. Yes you are right we seem to be quite on the spider photo run lately.

Just think of it as bird without wings, no beak and a few more legs. :)

It was early in the am, still dark, walked outside and was practically in my face. I just had to shoot it.

While interesting, nothing worse than walking into a giant web and wondering I wonder where that spider is now?

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mark,

I know just what you mean. When Janie and I hike in the warm part of the year, the one in the lead generally carries a stick, held in front of their face, just to avoid this problem.

Very nice shots BTW. Looks just like my spidy buddy. :wink:

6. Exactly. A big stick as a spidy web busting tool.

When I was younger I lived next to a creek. Basically, I grew up playing and fishing by the creek. Always had a fishing pole with me and that was my web busting tool. But... There are always times you miss one.

7. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Nice work, Mark! Spiders are interesting for sure, but until I started macrophotography, I had no idea they had so many eyes and so much hair!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Yep. Actually, if we see the web, and there is a way around it, we try to avoid busting the web down. However, the last thing we want is to bust it down with our faces. :lol:

9. Very nice images (if a spider can be nice).

10. Those shots made my skin crawl.....YIKES!!!

11. Iccccck. The images are fantastic, but my skin is crawling! I think I will stick to flowers and butterflies....iccccccck. :shock:

12. Sorry not the intention.

But then again, if a photo can heighten some emotion even if it is "Ehhh!" then I suppose that photo at least as some merit.

I guess my next series "The bugs fight back" will not go over well either. :D

Thanks for looking.

And remember, it is the one's that you can't see that are really spooky. :twisted: