Bretagne - 2019

Because of the large "backlog" I built up, I decided to begin with a selection from our 2019 vacation in France, Bretagne first.
(instead of finishing 2017 first and then beginning with 2016 or 2018 :rolleyes: - no risk of boredom if I finally reach the retirement age)

Last year we picked a region in France: Bretagne or Brittany.
We stayed in a small village Mousterlin situated right on the Southern coast of Bretagne.
I just picked 14 images from the coast and the marshes of Mousterlin, the city of Quimper and the view on the Pointe du Raz.

p3871718785-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p3871718786-6.jpg

p3871718787-6.jpg

p3871718788-6.jpg

p3871718789-6.jpg

p3871718819-6.jpg

p3871718823-6.jpg

p3871718838-6.jpg

p3871718836-6.jpg

p3871718847-6.jpg

p3871718869-6.jpg

p3871718872-6.jpg

p3871718898-6.jpg

p3871718910-6.jpg

Kind of fitting to end with this one as that was just about the last one I took.

No idea yet on what I'll be working next time I have some days off. As they say in France: "L'embarras du choix" (too much to choose from :))

Last edited:
All of them are nice but two of the images especially resonate with me: #3 because of the mood and large spaces and #9 because of the complementary relationship between the menacing expression on the subject's "face" and the intense shadow it is casting. Perfect use of depth of field in that one as well.

Nothing happens in my life until Junior goes off to University, at least another year and a half from now. Should be all-clear by then ... I hope.

I Like them all ….I am from Brittany ( France ) ….And I was born and raised on the Island of SEIN , its the tiny Island you can see on pictures 10 and 11 ( on the left ) 6 miles of the Pointe du Raz …..the island is just on mile long only 120 people lives there year around ( no roads , no cars )…. ( the name of the village you did stay is Mousterlin )

I googled it, and got this :eek:
"The island women used to wear a black headdress, and in the past, they had a reputation for enticing sailors onto the rocks by witchcraft"
Yep you are right .... Lots of legends on this part of the French Western coast ....You have also the Ghost boat thats sails during storm between the mainland and the Island ...On the right of the Pointe du Raz you have a sandy beach called " Bay of Deaths" .... ( Now you all know : i am a witcher :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you, Mike, West, Menbrial, Alex and Dan!
Very much appreciated!

#3 is also my favourite.

And thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake, Menbrial.
I'm hopeless without the help from the spellchecker :rolleyes: but Mousterlin was also unknown by this one :)
And thanks for the story about Sein. Fascinating. You travelled a long way from your place of birth...

All of them are nice but two of the images especially resonate with me: #3 because of the mood and large spaces and #9 because of the complementary relationship between the menacing expression on the subject's "face" and the intense shadow it is casting. Perfect use of depth of field in that one as well.
Very nice, I'm almost due for another Euro trip sometime in the near future.
I Like them all ….I am from Brittany ( France ) ….And I was born and raised on the Island of SEIN , its the tiny Island you can see on pictures 10 and 11 ( on the left ) 6 miles of the Pointe du Raz …..the island is just on mile long only 120 people lives there year around ( no roads , no cars )…. ( the name of the village you did stay is Mousterlin )
Very nice!

I - as everyone else here - have so many to go through and process I will never be bored.
Nice set. I really like numbers 1, 3, and 11.

Thank you, Mike, West, Menbrial, Alex and Dan!
Very much appreciated!

#3 is also my favourite.

And thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake, Menbrial.
I'm hopeless without the help from the spellchecker :rolleyes: but Mousterlin was also unknown by this one :)
And thanks for the story about Sein. Fascinating. You travelled a long way from your place of birth...
Thanks Bart , may be ill open a topic on this Island and post some pictures !!! ( I have sailed all around the world on all seas ...my wife is from California , we have 2 daughters one born in Israel , the second one in Ireland ... i met my wife in Mexico :) )

Last edited:
Very moody and impressive B&Ws. As much as I like landscape photography, your buildings are what intrigue me most — from the subject themselves to the way you capture and represent age, is so well done. Having shot with you I am especially excited by #9, the way you attend to small details is so refreshing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you very much, Nick and Binnur!
Really appreciated!

Very moody and impressive B&Ws. As much as I like landscape photography, your buildings are what intrigue me most — from the subject themselves to the way you capture and represent age, is so well done. Having shot with you I am especially excited by #9, the way you attend to small details is so refreshing.
Very nice series Bart. #1,#8 and #11 are my favs.
That sounds like an excellent idea, Menbrial!
Please do.

Your life path sounds quite the opposite of mine :)
My wife and I grew up some 10 Km apart, we went to college some 120 Km from where we grew up and we have lived our live some 50 Km from where we grew up :D

Thanks Bart , may be ill open a topic on this Island and post some pictures !!! ( I have sailed all around the world on all seas ...my wife is from California , we have 2 daughters one born in Israel , the second one in Ireland ... i met my wife in Mexico :) )

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom