1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Brian - A Headshot

Discussion in 'People' started by JAM, May 8, 2005.

1. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    One of my actor clients.

[​IMG]

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well lit!

Hey John, is that spill light on the back of his head I'm seeing? Maybe a little bit of, lol, "hairlight" would've evened out the amt of light on his head.

3. Nice shot!! :D  :D 

4. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Re: Well lit!

Its probably some bounce from the background. It wasn't noticeable with the modeling lights as I recall. A flag would have been good - but where to place it? Oh, and the, 'hairlight' was obviously turned off for this one :lol:

By the way, I've seen comments on the forums asking why an incident light meter is still necessary. This shot would have been very difficult to expose without my Seconic L-558 getting me in the ballpark. I'd have probably blinded the poor guy with the 'shoot - chimp-look at histogram-shoot . . ." method suggested by many :D  :D  :D 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.