Brian and Maggie Engagement Shoot

Here are a few engagement photos from a shoot I did a couple weeks ago with Brian and Maggie. This is my first engagement shoot ever.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1196511

View attachment 1196512

View attachment 1196519

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1196523

View attachment 1196526

View attachment 1196529

View attachment 1196530

View attachment 1196532

View attachment 1196534

View attachment 1196539

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Robie,

These are definitely a good start.

The first things that jump out to me is that massive amount of negative space in #4 and #5. I would crop these vertically (portrait orientation) and then diptych them together to make them work.

The one other thing I noticed is a very, very green cast to many of these. Are you on a calibrated monitor? Also, a few of the exposures seem a little hot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Robie,

These are definitely a good start.

The first things that jump out to me is that massive amount of negative space in #4 and #5. I would crop these vertically (portrait orientation) and then diptych them together to make them work.

The one other thing I noticed is a very, very green cast to many of these. Are you on a calibrated monitor? Also, a few of the exposures seem a little hot.
For me, I personally like the negative space. I rarely crop so I frame the way I want before I take the picture. If there is lots of negative space, I generally do that on purpose because it is my personal style. My girlfriend is always on my *** for not cropping haha.

I should also probably re-calibrate my monitor, but the green can possibly be from when I split-toned some images to add an effect.

I will try a few things to make 4 and 5 work.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom