Brickell Key, Miami, Florida.

There are so many beautiful places in this city that I like to spend time photographing in them. Brickell Key is one of those.

Brickell Key is a small island just close to the downtown area. It has become very popular and many South Americans and Europeans own condominiums here. It is mostly populated by locals and people from other States that enjoy our mild winters and spend time here. The key has a luxury hotel and excellent restaurants.

It is gorgeous at night and I will return to do some night shooting hoping I will be able to show you some of those shots.

Camera: Olympus Pen EPL-1 set to manual mode.
Exposure: Sunny 16 (plenty of sunlight, no need to meter)
Lens: 14-42 kit lens.
The file was edited with Topaz B&W Effects 2.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Very nice shot, William. It would have been perfect without the "ML" although it does draw the eyes toward the beautiful buildings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you Tri for your comments. Nobody was walking the bridge when I took the picture, something I really wanted and when I took the shot the ML was just passing by.
I have no excuses though, some will like it like it is and others like you will not. The car simply brakes the monotony.
By the way, Brickell Key is facing the rear of the car, those buildings are in Brickell Avenue, a very short ride from downtown Miami. When I come back I will try a shot from the bridge.

William.

I was about to say that's Brickell, from the Brickell Key (Claughton Island) bridge. Good shot and PP.

Give a me a ping when you plan to go shooting at night. Maybe we can meet around there.

Thank you everybody for your comments.
Alex I sent you a private mail. I will contact you when I visit Brickell Key at night.

William.

Wonderful geometry and great processing, William! I agree about the warm feeling.
The car does seem to lead you into the image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again. Karen I did enjoy your shot from Croatia and it makes a wonderful b&w.
I will meet Alex when ready to go to Brickell Key again but right now it is a no show because of the frequent rains.

William.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom