Bridal Portraits, Reynolda Gardens

Discussion in 'People' started by Gr8Tr1x, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I took these over the weekend at Reynolda Gardens near Wake Forest University. I wasn't thrilled with the timing, the bride selected a 3:30 to 5 shoot...and there wasn't alot of shade around (not a cloud in the sky...the sun was blazing away), but I think I did okay with these anyway.

D200, 17-55mm DX.

and one IR portrait....I don't know if she'll like it or not...but I do. It was more for me anyway, she has plenty of regular shots to choose from!

2. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    I'd call that a succesfull shoot in every regard Joshua. Direct sunlight can be scary, but you really did a great job. Nice job controlling the dress too!
    I bet she will be thrilled.

The IR shot is so cool she might even like *that* one!!:smile:
  3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks Stuart. Yes, I can actually be thankful for RAW processing power. The dress was sacrificed to expose the rest of the scene. I knew I could bring it back with a RAW only fears were for bad shadows (some of which I fixed in post), but hi-contrasty outdoor shoots can be a nightmare. I am breathing a sigh of relief now as I go thru the rest of the shots. I think she will be well pleased.
  4. Joshua, those are fabulous...congrats on all of them...I'm sure she'll be thrilled...
  5. Awesome shots in conditions that were less than ideal!! I'm sure the bride will be pleased.
  6. melba

Apr 2, 2006
    These are beautiful, well done.
  7. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks folks. I appreciate the feedback.
  8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

u nailed em, Josh ...super!
  9. Nice shots for any lighting but very impressive for direct sunlight... :wink:
  10. Josh these are great. You will be able to quit your day job soon if you keep this up..
  11. Joshua.......... you are too good at this!!!!!!!

Excellent work again!

12. These are classics, but I don't care much for the last one.
  13. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks, Graeme!

Thank you Woody...I think the last one is either a 'Love it' or 'Hate it' kind of image. it is definitley different...but I wouldn't expect to see this one on display at the reception.
  14. blessedLens

Apr 20, 2007
    very good job.

the only thing i'd mention if i am to nitpick would be... some of her looks stiff/uncomfortable/awkward....not quite sure what it is..
  15. frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Excellent work Joshua! I just did a similar shoot - getting the exposure correct was no picnic. You did a great job indeed. Just curious, did you have a high keeper ratio? I only managed 40 out of 200. :frown:
  16. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Hi Fred...most of my problems were from stray shadows that I didnt like. I learned alot from this shoot though. I have enough that will make her happy...lets put it that way. :wink:

Exposure was a nightmare...but I used alot of the lessons I have learned from this very forum in the a big 'Thank You' to everyone.