Bridal Veil Falls, Provo, Utah

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by SRA, May 10, 2007.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Starting to practice shooting moving water. This is a quick attempt from last night. I promise to get better. :biggrin:

These are tall falls and I only shot a little less than half to do high light contrast. For perspective notice the people standing lower left.

[​IMG]

2. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    looks pretty good. It's a nice falls, just not a lot of water moves over it. I like the halo effect at top, goldish. Do these falls ever take direct sunlight at all?

water is my specialty.

3. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Doug,

Good eye on the small amount of water. In days gone by, pre global warming I guesss, much more water flowed and this was a popular tourist attraction. Due to several rock slides (avalanches) much damage has occured around this area and the waterfalls seem to be moving less water. And yes It does received direct sunlight earlier in the day.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    maybe a bit more light, and a bit more water could be interesting. But you may need a ND filter to avoid overexposing if you try to extend shutter much. But I still think this is a nice shot, I'd like to have shot it. :)

You know, as an aside (and sorry Scott), I am going to make a comment here. Scott ASKED FOR a more critical review of this shot, and after 83 views of this thread, I'm the only one that took interest to say anything to Scott even though I didn't maybe say enough. Have we become so enthralled in our own activity we can't take time to encourage a Cafe member that is trying something new? Or is it they all have to be "red falls" quality (no insult to Randy intended) to have 4 pages of comments.

Deleted to end of comment/rant by me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007