1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bride of Joker

Discussion in 'People' started by EdinburghGary, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Okay. Dunno where this came from. Earlier today some forum friends explained a fair bit about flash etc, and I decided to use it for more or less the first time. SB-600 on the D3, bounced of ceilings and walls.

These shots probably have so many technical problems, its insane. I also appreciate the fact that this style was probably done to death in the 80s or 90s, I think.

My Mum, 50 this week, I told her to make her hair and face as messy as possible (not hard :D ), as I wanted to test using the flash.

Any hints, tips and comments welcome. When I seen her, I instantly thought of batman which I went to see last week, hence the title of these slightly bizarre shots!

2721859847_db8a1b9d86_o.

View attachment 231192

View attachment 231193

View attachment 231194

View attachment 231195

View attachment 231196

View attachment 231197

View attachment 231198

View attachment 231199

View attachment 231200

View attachment 231201

View attachment 231202

View attachment 231203

Thanks for looking! I shot these 45 min ago!! :D  Crazy, yet fun!

Gary.

2. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    Your mom is a good sport to take pics like this. Let's see some more!

3. Thanks Brad,

She's insane, always happy to be a nutter in front of the camera.

G.

4. Mum did her part very well. The photos are good, nice lighting and a lot of interesting poses. Good stuff, make more.

5. I plan to, I fancy a Trash The Dress session, however my Wife is awful keen on her bridal wear, so maybe less trashing...

Gary.

6. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    And I thought I look awful at 56! lol Your mom is a GREAT sport for all this. Good shoot for what you wanted!

7. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC

You mean like this? This was my sister and hubby in Mexico.

trash.

8. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Totally Bizzare, but i think they are awesome and your mum is cool. What a good sport.

9. wow....
    awesome thread
    what a cool mom you have
    my mother... active in the theater... would LOVE her

thanks for sharing these with us

10. That's exactly what I was thinking... I know better than to ask my mom to do something like that. She even puts sunglasses on when I come over on Saturday morning to mow her lawn. She doesn't even want me to see her without makeup... :rolleyes: 

11. Thanks for all the kind comments guys,

She is proper scottish mental :biggrin:

Gary.

12. Great work here Gary. Very nice indeed.

13. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Very creative, #9 is Outstanding.... I like these a lot. What a great mom to support you like this.

Actually I CAN see my mom doing something like this. To support my brother when he became a tattooist, she let him tattoo her for "practice"........

14. edhu

edhu

Jul 21, 2008
    NY/NJ
    nice capture of a scary and Ug** :)  face

15. YIKES!!!.....LOL

I like them a lot....well done!!

16. Deigo, fancy seeing you here ;)  Thanks!!

Spectre, your mum sounds equally mental, practise tattoo's! lol

Edhu, thanks, she can be pretty when she wants to be...

Thanks Tragic, glad you like.

G.

17. rbellphoto

rbellphoto

Jun 8, 2006
    SoCal
    This looks like it was a fun session. Your mother certainly rose to the occasion.

BTW, I absolutely love this picture...
    2721861633_22af269dc4_o.

18. Either that or #7. :biggrin:

19. 7 and 12 are the ones that stand out to me, and gosh what a fun MOM!! No one in my family would dare do that for me! Love this entire series, very well done!

20. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    Great set and a great sport. 8-11 are really great. My only nitpic about those are that I can see some motion blur in her arm. For me, it's a little distracting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.