1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bridge Downloader DNG option grayed out...help.

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Bob Walters, Aug 18, 2008.

1. I never paid attention until last week so I don't know how long the situation has existed, but I just decided to switch from saving NEF files to saving DNG files. The Photo Down-loader associated with Adobe Bridge has an option to copy files from my card to my computer drive with a DNG option and until now I never paid any attention to it.

Now that I am saving files in DNG format, it suddenly becomes important, at least to me. On my laptop it works great and I can get images from my camera memory card to go onto my computer hard drive as DNG format all in one operation. On my desktop the option is grayed out and not available.

Both computers run CS3, ACR, and Bridge all with the latest updates as far as I can tell. The only difference is the laptop is Windows XP Pro and the desktop is Windows XP home edition.

I don't want to be stuck downloading files to my hard drive as NEF and then being forced to use the stand-alone DNG Converter program to make the images into DNG format. The laptop does it easily in one step.

A Google search indicates that I'm not the only one with a grayed "DNG option" and I can't find any published fix from Adobe or elsewhere. Just wild guessing and less than clear circumstances which don't help much as a troubleshooting guide.

Any ideas here at the Cafe?:confused: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.