Bridge in Morning Fog

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ultimind, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Inspired by Leung's amazing 2 Bridge Panorama, I got out and shot this today. I overlapped a lot more than I normally would have, just to make sure it stitched back together OK.

This is (40) images taken with the 28-105mm set at 50mm. Exposure was 1/1000 @ F5.6 ISO200. Stitched in PTGui. Took a good while even on the Mac Pro at work! End result was a 287MB 16bit TIFF that came out to exactly 50 Megapixels.

The color is fairly accurate to the real scene. Seems rather bland, and in fact, it was! Only spent about 2 minutes shooting this, so I didn't have a chance to experiment with my camera position or anything. I would love to hear some C&C though. I've got a thick skin, so bring it on. :biggrin:

Click the image to get the full 2500 pixel-wide version.

[​IMG]

2. Very nice David! Looks like you pulled off to the side and shot this pano... Seems to be error free.... I like how the bridge disappears into the fog and you have a road crossing right underneath. My only critique is, the subject itself isn't really so interesting, but the speed limit sign is a nice little anchor. Since this was successful, go shoot something with more detail!! Very nice efforts! :) 

3. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks Leung! I do agree that it's pretty un-interesting, especially since the majority of the detail disappears into the fog at the far end of the bridge.

There's actually a trail down under the bridge that I can access from about 2 miles up the road. I'll have to bring my bike with me and trek down there next time its foggy in the morning. I think it would be a far more interesting picture from beneath the bridge. :smile:

It's supposed to be pretty crappy weather the rest of the week in this part of the country, so hopefully I'll get out this weekend to shoot some more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.