Bridge in Morning Fog

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ultimind, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Inspired by Leung's amazing 2 Bridge Panorama, I got out and shot this today. I overlapped a lot more than I normally would have, just to make sure it stitched back together OK.

This is (40) images taken with the 28-105mm set at 50mm. Exposure was 1/1000 @ F5.6 ISO200. Stitched in PTGui. Took a good while even on the Mac Pro at work! End result was a 287MB 16bit TIFF that came out to exactly 50 Megapixels.

The color is fairly accurate to the real scene. Seems rather bland, and in fact, it was! Only spent about 2 minutes shooting this, so I didn't have a chance to experiment with my camera position or anything. I would love to hear some C&C though. I've got a thick skin, so bring it on. :biggrin:

Click the image to get the full 2500 pixel-wide version.

[​IMG]

2. Very nice David! Looks like you pulled off to the side and shot this pano... Seems to be error free.... I like how the bridge disappears into the fog and you have a road crossing right underneath. My only critique is, the subject itself isn't really so interesting, but the speed limit sign is a nice little anchor. Since this was successful, go shoot something with more detail!! Very nice efforts! :)

3. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks Leung! I do agree that it's pretty un-interesting, especially since the majority of the detail disappears into the fog at the far end of the bridge.

There's actually a trail down under the bridge that I can access from about 2 miles up the road. I'll have to bring my bike with me and trek down there next time its foggy in the morning. I think it would be a far more interesting picture from beneath the bridge. :smile:

It's supposed to be pretty crappy weather the rest of the week in this part of the country, so hopefully I'll get out this weekend to shoot some more.