1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!
  1. I don't know about you but I really like bridges. Here are some of the muscle bridges that I can never get tired of shooting in NYC. I took these while bike riding from Queens to Manhattan (except for Gapstow in B&W).

D300 & 17-55mm or 18-200 VR lens @ ISO 200.

'Moody' Bridges [0.8s at f/7.1]
    [​IMG]

Brooklyn Bridge [1/640 at f/8]
    [​IMG]

Manhattan Bridge [1/320 at f/8]
    [​IMG]

Gapstow Bridge In Winter [1/640 at f/4.5]
    [​IMG]

Gapstow Bridge [1/160 at f/4]
    [​IMG]

Hell Gate Bridge HDR [3s at f/16]
    [​IMG]

Queensboro Bridge [1/640 at f/8]
    [​IMG]

Manhattan & Brooklyn Bridges [1/400 at f/8]
    [​IMG]

More bridges here: http://photos.dezmix.com/bridges

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Love the Hell's Gate Bridge, Dez - I don't remember you ever showing us a photo of that one before. And I definitely like the HDR job. I'm not a fan of the technique, because sometimes folk can get heavy handed at it, but yours is very, very well done and looks completely natural...

3. The Gapstow Bridge in b&w looks awesome Dez. That one is by far my favorite of the set. Thanks for showing us your bridges.

God Bless,
    David

4. Excellent set. I like the shots of Brooklyn, Gapstow (BW) and Hell Gate best.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  5. All nice. However, for me the Brooklyn Bridge picture is really awesome. The overall sharpness is amazing!

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

6. TonyM1

TonyM1

Jan 26, 2009
    Woodstock GA
    Dez

you have some great Bridges they make mine look...Well crap to be honest..

Back to the drawing board.

My Fav is 1 or maybe 4 or 6 or .....All of them are great.

7. Gapstow Bridge in color is quite nice!

8. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Very nice NYD :smile:
    I like the life size gnome in shot 4, very realistic :wink:
    I'm not that keen on the Queensboro Bridge shot, it feels too distant and needs some foreground interest.

9. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Great series, Dez, but I do have to agree with Sir Angel re. the 59th St. Bridge - you can do better than that! :) 

10. Great pictures. Just a few more and you could make a calender. You should look into it. I would buy it.

Rob

11. Thanks Lyndee. I am a fan of HDR when it's not overdone. I only use it when I can't expose the shadows and bright areas in one frame, so I'll bracket :smile:

Thank you David. I took that over the winter and decided to give it a soft mood, so I PPed that effect.

Glad you liked :smile:

Thank you Rui. That was with the 18-200 VR :wink:

The credit goes to the bridges :biggrin:

Thank you. My favorite bridge in Central Park :smile:

Thanks but what is a gnome?

LOL. I never shot the full length. Only bits & pieces :redface:

Here's a couple that are probably better than that:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Thanks Rob. I've thought of it but I'm missing the George Washington Bridge. I am not up there enough to shoot it. I only got it once and don't like the photo much: http://photos.dezmix.com/manhattan/h2c3be27c#h2c3be27c

13. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

[​IMG]

14. sisomphonE

sisomphonE

Oct 15, 2008
    america
    i like bridges too! great shots man

15. .....and that little critter looks like what in #4? Lay off that "stuff" man

Thanks!

16. Hey Dez like the quiet serene Gapstow Bridge in colour but really like the Brooklyn Bridge. It looks so substantial and imposing from any angle. It's just NY for me.
    Barb

17. Agree w/that comment of the BB. Thanks Barb :biggrin:

18. Great set, Dez, but you always seem to ignore my personal favorite, the GWB:

482555195_7f5b80dc52_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3068588381_50b80b48db_o.jpg

3389225970_7d931c7b89_o.jpg

You get all over NYC, don't you like the West Side?

19. Fantastic Rich. I don't ignore that bridge. I just never get up there and would like to get the GWB in my collection.

Perhaps we can meet up some time to shoot it?

20. e_No

e_No

May 16, 2009
    Downey, CA
    You did a great job with lighting and perspective on this series. The first, with its nice subdued evening tones, and last, with the strong blue sky and radiating clouds, are my favorites.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.