Bring back and an image FROM THE PAST and relive it with us

one from a few years back
my "dead sexy" pose (according to Brandy, one of my nurses)
somewhere in NC... on a rainy morning morning
stopping to "smell the roses."

comment on this photo... and show one of yours... so that WE can comment about it

thanks, as always, in advance

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very Napoleonesque Greg,a pose he adopted when contemplating Josaphine's request.(I think he said'Not tonight Josephine'):smile:

V

Okay, from the past (though only a year ago)...

To show what a difference a year makes...

Hmm, I am finding looking at these images to be a very "vacant" experience. Although red is one of my favorite colors, and the x is one of the more unique letters of the alphabet.......Somehow these images remind me of the story of the "Emperor's New Clothes"

smugmug is having its WORST OUTAGE EVER
they use amazon.com servers and it is a huge disaster for the pros who are using smugmug to make money after weddings (there are more than a few here who are in that category)

bad news
it's been completely down FOR HOURS

smugmug is having its WORST OUTAGE EVER
they use amazon.com servers and it is a huge disaster for the pros who are using smugmug to make money after weddings (there are more than a few here who are in that category)

bad news
it's been completely down FOR HOURS
It just struck me as funny. red x up and people commenting on the wonderful picture

this one is from 2006 (the earliest year I had pictures online), and for now, is still one of my favorite captures. The player is a very nice looking young man whose looks (and long lashes) would be the envy of any woman. I am sure that and him being small of stature has been a source of frustration for him as he wants to be known as a tough, intimidating baseball player (throughout his pro career, he has been really tough on himself and goes overboard to show how tough he is (and he is one tough baseball player). Anyway, in this game, he was using his plus speed to come home (to score) on a very close play. Unfortunately the catcher already had the ball in his glove when this young man approached home, so he only had one choice--plow into the catcher and take home plate hoping to knock the ball out of the catchers hand (this is normal in baseball). He managed to take home and knock the ball out of the catchers hand, but in the process, he took a clete in the nose. The next three innings he ended up taking ice and tissue to try to stop the bleeding, but still stayed in the game at second base.

another image from the same season and featuring the same tough player. He may be short, but when a runner was trying to steal second, and the catcher overthrew the ball, this young man jumped 5 feet in the air (did that several times that season and drew a gasp from the crowd every time), caught the ball, and tagged the runner on the way down (before his feet touched the ground). Afterward, I looked at the picture I had gotten and had to ask one of the other fans how on earth the runner was tagged out.

since these were taken before I got my D80, they are from my point and shoot days with a kodak easyshare

I'm going to start with when I first really got into Digital photography...Me over the past couple of years.

2005 - Here I am on my wedding day back on 10/1/05 right after we said "I do" (taken by our photographer using a Nikon D100)

2006 - My wife and I traveled to Banff National Park, and this is a shot of us standing on the glacier in the park. (Shot taken with my D50 by a lady who was from Georgia...go figure!)

2007 - Here I am after going deep sea fishing off the coast of the Outer Banks, sunburnt and sporting my long hair that I had been growing for 10 months. I ended up cutting it short again about a month later.

2008 - Back in May of this year, I'm throwing my euro change into the Trevi Fountain in Rome at night...

Bonus - A shot I took (holding the D300 away from us) of my beautiful wife and I kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower at night back in May of this year...

dave....
one of the best posts in this thread
thorough and excellent
i appreciate you taking the time to reply and post these
Thanks Greg...I had been meaning to get a group of pictures like this together to post somewhere, and I figured this was a good place. It's tough to find shots of myself that are not blurry, as most people are not aware they have to use the AF-ON button to focus! :wink:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom