Bringing in the heavy artillery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by caero, Aug 2, 2005.

1. caero

caero Guest

I have only been here for a short while, but I can already feel there is a much better atmosphere and general sense of understanding here than on other forums.

I was wondering if the cafe have ever tried to attract the likes of Thom Hogan, Ron Reznick etc. to the forums. Not because I feel the forum lacks highly skilled Nikonians, but since especially these two have contributed with a lot of good for the Nikon "scene" over a long period of time.

Having them here would also make it easier for me to find their very informative posts instead of having to search through 20 pages of canon vs nikon threads on dpreview :)

Just wondering.

2. Haven't seen Thom Hogan here but Ron Reznick recently posted some bird flights in the Birds and Animal forum.

3. Thom declined the invitation to join. Ron is a member but not a frequent poster. He is a busy guy and we are happy to see him on site whenever he has time.

4. I wonder why Thom would decline to join here and still post on DPReview relatively often... Oh well, plenty of wisdom here anyways.

5. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I believe I remember Flew saying that an invitation was extended to Thom Hogan to join, but that he politely declined. I think he just didn't have the time to commit to another forum.

6. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017