Bristol City vs. Royal Antwerp....(soccer if you will)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by diego garcia, Aug 1, 2008.

1. A few from tonight. Last pre-season match for City before they embark on another quest for the promised land.

Despite it being 1st August, there was serious rain throughout the game, but overall not too bad. City hammered the Belgian team 4-0 with new £2.5 million boy Nicky Maynard getting three goals on his debut...

Antwerp brought about 2000 fans over and they made a serious noise. Was funny to see the young Europeans with oddball mustaches in Hackett jackets and burberry hats 'wanting it' English thug stylee.........I mean Belgium, famous for beer, chocolate and that bloke who made movies worse than Steven Segal.

The D3 at play again here, with a 300mm F/2.8 and ISO from 400 up to 3200 as the light went.

BristolCityvsRoyalAntwerp-1stAug-9.jpg

BristolCityvsRoyalAntwerp-1stAug200.jpg

BristolCityvsRoyalAntwerp-1stAug-11.jpg

BristolCityvsRoyalAntwerp-1stAug-12.jpg

BristolCityvsRoyalAntwerp-1stAug-10.jpg

BristolCityvsRoyalAntwerp-1stAug-7.jpg

BristolCityvsRoyalAntwerp-1stAug-6.jpg

BristolCityvsRoyalAntwerp-1stAug-5.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wow, diego
    these are magazine quality
    incredible imagery

i LOVE this set

3. Thanks. I try my best.

I used to shoot for Sunday papers here, but don't get any/much work now as it's a closed shop really. The big agency guns have seen to that and the local scene is very clicky and 'old boy'.....

Oh and for reference on a Sunday, here, newspapers are twice as thick and have heaving sport sections which are obviously biased to soccer, given its status here in Blighty. I however think I am an American at heart as I do love NFL Football. Sadly, our only national NFL paper closed down due to lack of readership :-(

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Excellent shots indeed...the D3 and the 300 f/2.8 really do sing together...

5. Excellent work Diego. Beautiful color. Awesome header.

6. Thanks once again all.:smile:

7. Jsut plain excellent as always thanks for sharing

8. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Great series and good exposures .... who could want anything more..... i espically like shot #1 as well , would make a great shot for a story on the coach

9. Nice one, US Hammer fans too are starting to think they are the new Inter City firm, guess it going around everywhere