Broke down and ordered the Beast

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by jklofft, Dec 13, 2005.

1. I've been toying with the idea of getting the 28-70AFS for some time and after I reviewed a number of my photos from the past 6 months, I found that I rarely used the 17-55 below 28mm and when I did, I almost always went to 17mm. So I've ordered the Beast and will most likely sell either my 17-55DX (although unlikely as the 17-55 & 70-200 make a great two lens travel kit) or my 28 f/1.4 (which I hate to part with, but something will have to go...)

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Enjoy your new Beast! Post some photos when it comes...

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jeff,

Once I get over my obsession with the birdies, this is the first lens I'm going to get. So many have posted such good shots with it, and I even got to try out Birger's last June on our trip down to FL. Very impressive lens. You are sure to enjoy. :smile:

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Good choice. The Beast is indeed a superb lens.

5. Agreed. Welcome to the cult of the Beast...

6. Great choice, Jeff. Welcome to the club.

Merry Christmas

7. It is a stellar piece of glass as fast focusing as it gets very sharp and well constructed. I shot a bunch of zoo shots in the reptile room this past weekend and in low light and it focused in an instant

8. We're in for a treat once you get you hands on that lens, Jeff. Your portraits are already first class. I can't wait to see what you'll be able to do with the 28-70! Congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2005
  9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I love the heck out of mine...it is a fine lens. I can't wait to read the excitment in your posts after you begin snapping a few with it. Congrats!

10. It's going to be fascinating to watch when you turn your lens towards people, Frank.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank,

The first thing I have to learn is to get the horizon level. Don't have to worry about that when you are shooting up at the sky. :rolleyes:

12. UPS tracking says it will be here tommorrow. Can't wait!

13. You will love it! It lives on my D2H...:biggrin:

14. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  15. Mine sits on the d2x most of the time........great lens!