Broken Z7 touch screen

I dropped one of my two Z7s and cracked the touch screen. It still works but there's spiderweb cracks on it. My question is, is there some type of way to patch it up with some type of high end clear tape or screen protector. I cannot afford to replace the screen and I am not sure what others here have done in these situations with their cameras. Any help would be amazing and really appreciated.

Real Name
Andrew
I dropped one of my two Z7s and cracked the touch screen. It still works but there's spiderweb cracks on it. My question is, is there some type of way to patch it up with some type of high end clear tape or screen protector. I cannot afford to replace the screen and I am not sure what others here have done in these situations with their cameras. Any help would be amazing and really appreciated.
I’ve never done it myself, but you might want to look into a process like Safelite uses for car windshields. While it won’t fix it completely, it should prevent any further spidering and keep the existing glass in place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ve never done it myself, but you might want to look into a process like Safelite uses for car windshields. While it won’t fix it completely, it should prevent any further spidering and keep the existing glass in place.
yes this is what I am looking for. The screen is over $230 id I replace myself or Nikon repairs which will probably be more. Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your wallet will recover. Just get it fixed right.
I wish, The wife already gave me enough hell for buying two Z7s and new lenses amid Covid lol. Gotta play it smart until after the holidays

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom