Bronx Zoo Outing - September 17th

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by JerseyJay, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Date: September 17th (Saturday)
    Where: Bronx River Parking Lot / Bronx River Gate
    Time: 9:30am SHARP – Park Hours 10:00am – 5:30pm (* I will provide my cell-phone # later in case you come late)

Parking: $8
    Tickets: Regular - $12.00 + additional exhibits
    Tickets: All-In-One - $21.00
    * I will have 3 extra All-In-One tickets available. First 3 in the park will be able to come in with me !

What to bring: Water, mono/tripod, BIG lens !
    Agenda: There is really no fixed agenda. I went to the Bronx Zoo few times and each time I changed my plans accordingly. We can briefly discuss the agenda before the gate but I would like to hit “most interesting” spots first to avoid Zoo traffic and later photograph whatever we can.

Directions to the Zoo: http://bronxzoo.com/bz-directions_to_the_zoo
    Bronx Zoo Map: http://bronxzoo.com/media/file/Bronx ZooMapW20044.pdf

Important:
    Non-commercial photography for personal use is allowed, but tripods are not permitted in the Butterfly Zone and the Children's Zoo. In Congo Gorilla Forest, tripods are not permitted in the Gorilla Tunnel area and in the front area of the Great Gorilla Gallery. Tripods may also be restricted in other Zoo exhibits, at the discretion of Zoo staff.
    Commercial photography and filming requests must go through the Bronx Zoo Communications Department. Please send your request in writing to pr@wcs.org.

2. Ok guys. ....

We have about 7 people (canon / nikon shooters from different forums) who are joining this outing. Please let me know if you are interested. Should be a lot of fun !!!

email me off the list so I can provide you with my cell phone # just in case

jayluto at hotmail dot com