Brooklyn Bridge at Night

This one is left over from the New York Bridges at night gathering in June.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D80, Sigma 10-20 @ 10mm, 25 sec @ f/8, ISO 100

Thanks for looking!

E

EdinburghGary

What a lovely shot of what looks like an absolutely fantastic location. Very envious, not a keen flyer so I won't be visiting any time soon! :)

Gary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
it looks like the bridge it's falling... great reflection also
Beautifully shot Richard.

Nice wide view........but the bridge looks like it's about to fall to the left! :tongue:
Yes, the bridge is leaning slightly left. But check out the Manhattan tower of the Manhattan Bridge in the center of the frame: it's straight. This is not a case of a tilted horizon, but rather the parallax view of a wide angle lens tilted up (notice also the buildings on the left side of the frame leaning to the right).

I had hoped to exaggerate this and use it for effect, but I guess it bothers some.

On the other hand, I'm glad it makes you uneasy . . .:biggrin:

Nice one Rich. Beautiful reflections. I enjoyed shooting with you.
Thanks, Larry. It was a good night. I'm still miffed that we didn't get to Grimaldi's, however. OK, maybe miffed is the wrong word, but I can still feel the hunger pains in my tummy one month later. And doesn't John still owe us all Pizza?

Yes, the bridge is leaning slightly left. But check out the Manhattan tower of the Manhattan Bridge in the center of the frame: it's straight. This is not a case of a tilted horizon, but rather the parallax view of a wide angle lens tilted up (notice also the buildings on the left side of the frame leaning to the right).

I had hoped to exaggerate this and use it for effect, but I guess it bothers some.

On the other hand, I'm glad it makes you uneasy . . .:biggrin:
No way, it doesn't make me uneasy. I like this photo. I understand the lens does this. My 12-24 does the same, when tilted up.

BTW Richard, your "game" has gone up a couple of notches at night! :wink:

nice shot Rich
love the reflections

what vantage point ?
The corner of Cadman Plaza West and Furman Street, I believe.

No way, it doesn't make me uneasy. I like this photo. I understand the lens does this. My 12-24 does the same, when tilted up.

BTW Richard, your "game" has gone up a couple of notches at night! :wink:
Why, thank you. Who'd of thunk it? I'm finding my way, one shutter click at a time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom