Brooklyn Dodgers Ebbet's Field & Mets Citi Field Panorama

Yesterday was the New York Mets Baseball Club's Opening Day. Citi Field is the Mets new home with 45,000 seats and a host of other modern amenities.

Do you see how it's fashioned after the old Ebbet's Field, where the Brooklyn Dodgers used to play?

Taken with the D300 and 17-55mm lens. Panorama stitched with PTGui.
You can see the rest of the new Citi Field here: http://photos.dezmix.com/citi_field

Ebbet's Field in 1913
p17286023-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/1000 at f/7.1
p102244663-4.jpg

Panorama [1/1000 at f/7.1]:
p734480732-5.jpg

1/800 at f/7.1
p117151745-4.jpg

1/1250 at f/7.1
p492242799-4.jpg

1/800 at f/7.1
p440549089-4.jpg

1/1250 at f/7.1
p267444190-5.jpg

1/1250 at f/7.1
p88210579-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice captures. The first picture hardly looks like a stadium except for the lights giving it away. Is the guy in the fourth picture the Mets version of Tin Pan Freddie?

Nice captures. The first picture hardly looks like a stadium except for the lights giving it away. Is the guy in the fourth picture the Mets version of Tin Pan Freddie?

I guess he is. Never seen him before but the video cameras seem to like him.

As for the stadium, it looks nice in the front but looks a little odd in the rear. I haven't been inside yet. Plan on going in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for commenting :wink:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Love the photos, Dez, but I gotta say, I think I prefer Shea Stadium instead of this odd looking structure, even though I do understand the need for modernization. I will say, however, that I do like the B&W photos they have featured in your last shot.

I'd like to know your thoughts of the new building when you have a chance to see the interior. Don't know if I'll be getting out to visit the new stadium any time soon. I'm a diehard Yankees fan, so when I come home, I plan to head straight for the Bronx... :biggrin:

Nice photos Dez. So far I've only seen it from the highway on the way to the airport, so it's nice to see some different angles! :smile:

Love the photos, Dez, but I gotta say, I think I prefer Shea Stadium instead of this odd looking structure, even though I do understand the need for modernization. I will say, however, that I do like the B&W photos they have featured in your last shot.

I'd like to know your thoughts of the new building when you have a chance to see the interior. Don't know if I'll be getting out to visit the new stadium any time soon. I'm a diehard Yankees fan, so when I come home, I plan to head straight for the Bronx... :biggrin:

:eek: I never liked Shea. I thought that it was one of the ugliest stadiums in baseball. This to me, is a step in the right direction, although the back of the stadium is horrendous with the influx of billboards and advertisements :mad:

I'm a die-hard Yankee fan as well but will be catching a Mets game on the 25th, just to shoot the interior :wink:

Thanks.

Great Series Dez. Very unusual stadium, like#4 too.

Cheers

Thanks!

Excellent Post!

Thanks Steve :smile:

Great series with a beautiful panorama !

Glad you liked it :smile:

Well done all of them. Love the pano.

Nice photos Dez. So far I've only seen it from the highway on the way to the airport, so it's nice to see some different angles! :smile:

Thanks, same here until I got close. We'll see how the fans will like it......or not :cool:

Well done Dez!

Great series Dez. The rest in the gallery are super. I love the last one in your gallery of the whole stadium. You really get an idea how big everything is with those tiny little "ant" people. :eek:
Thanks for sharing.
Barb

B

Bright Angel

:biggrin: "I like the colors" :biggrin:

Very good Sir, clean and sharp. I can smell the hotdogs from here :wink:

Oh wait ! that's my socks :rolleyes:

Great series Dez. The rest in the gallery are super. I love the last one in your gallery of the whole stadium. You really get an idea how big everything is with those tiny little "ant" people. :eek:
Thanks for sharing.
Barb

Thanks Barb! Take a look at the post now. I edited it to include from where this new stadium is designed from :smile:

Nicely done Dez! You knocked this one out of the park!!

Nice way to put it. Thanks :biggrin:

:biggrin: "I like the colors" :biggrin:

Very good Sir, clean and sharp. I can smell the hotdogs from here :wink:

Oh wait ! that's my socks :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's your socks. I smell them from here :mad:

Thanks!

Beautiful shots Dez!

Thanks Anthony :smile:

amazing pano shot and "journalist" post
great work, I enjoy it

Thank you :biggrin:

Very cool Dez. That 1913 pic of Ebbet's Field totally puts the new design in perspective. That is wonderful that they honoured the past in the new design. Thanks for including it in the series. :biggrin:
Barb

Until yesterday when I stumbled onto something on this stadium on TV, a short blurb from an ex Met player, I had no idea the Mets had a new stadium. New Yankee Stadium, yes. The whole world knew of the new Yankee stadium, but not this one.

Is it on the same location as the old stadium? Looking forward to photos of the filed.

Very cool Dez. That 1913 pic of Ebbet's Field totally puts the new design in perspective. That is wonderful that they honoured the past in the new design. Thanks for including it in the series. :biggrin:
Barb

Yeah, I agree. It gives it a nice touch. The Mets were formed after the Dodgers left NY to California, so there's the connection......PLUS, the owner of the Mets was a huge Brooklyn Dodger, hence the design :smile:

Until yesterday when I stumbled onto something on this stadium on TV, a short blurb from an ex Met player, I had no idea the Mets had a new stadium. New Yankee Stadium, yes. The whole world knew of the new Yankee stadium, but not this one.

Is it on the same location as the old stadium? Looking forward to photos of the filed.

Yes, same location. Citi Field was built on the parking lot of Shea Stadium. It took them 2 years to build and once Citi Field was constructed, they tore down Shea, piece by piece.

Latest threads

Top Bottom