1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Brother and Sister

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by beaucamera, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Thanks, Phil....for letting me see what your D3 could do and for nudging me forward.

My D300 now has a new sibling.
    Now, the fun begins as I start my adventure with full frame photography!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. Congratulations!

Planning to add new lenses?

3. Congrats! You will enjoy those sibs to be sure...

4. congrats, virginia
    i'll be anxious to see how you compare the 2 and how LOSING THE CROP FACTOR affects YOUR camera choice

5. Yes, Phil, I am.
    I've ordered the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8.
    :smile::smile::smile:

I thought this would be a nifty combo along with the 70-200VR.

Thanks, Rich.
    Lots of experimentation ahead.

Greg, yes, the crop factor...not for the birds, but certainly a lot more fun for people and events. So far, I'm impressed with the nice clean images I'm getting. At ISO 800 I get a lot of noise with the D300 and the D200 is just terrible in that range.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Looks like a happy family to me! Congrats!

7. Thanks, Mark
    I've having fun.
    I haven't even touched the Quick Start Guide or Manual yet.
    The D700 controls come easily, although getting used to the new slide door for the memory card takes some getting used to.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

8. Congratulations, Virginia! Now, first thing, get a couple of Optech straps. Those Nikon straps, particularly the one on the d700, screams "STEAL ME".

9. Yes, Frank, those Optech straps are less intrusive, but I'm so afraid I end up running out the door with the wrong cam!

I'm so excited about going full frame.
    My 24-70 is coming today!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

10. 24-70 is a whole new lens on the FX camera. I always loved it on the D300 (and never thought it "silly" as some did), but getting the width back is really awesome.

11. Thanks for the update, Rich.
    Before I purchased I tried the 24-70 on the D300, then the D3 so I fully appreciate what you mean.

The decision to go full frame did not come lightly.
    It's just as much about the lenses as the cam.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.