Brown Booby

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Allan, Jun 15, 2017.

1. I have read this is the first one ever seen in NH. Not the greatest shots but worth posting (I think.)
    i-7S9jmtw-L.

i-H4VrKxf-L.

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Booby - in NH! Surprise! I immediately think of the Galapaos for boobies!

3. A new one for me Allan. You got some terrific feather detail in these shots, nicely done.

4. merlin

merlin

Oct 12, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Merlin Emrys
    Excellent captures and detail!

5. That is really cool, Allan. Does it appear that it may hang around for a while, so you can get a "good" shot??? ;) Personally, if you don't mind my saying so, looks danged fine to me!

6. I went back yesterday in the afternoon when the light was better but the booby has a different spot where it is hard to get photos. Every once in a while it flies and there is a narrow window for flight shots if you like to crop a lot.

7. That is a real find Allan. A bird I have only seen on nature shows.

8. The booby has been around for more than a week. It seems to find enough food in the pond and enjoys hanging around at one particular house.

9. Wow Allan, that's quite a find in NH. I think your first photo is quite good considering the light and your camera angle.

10. I've never seen one of these. I really like the colors of this bird. Thanks for posting these, Allan.

11. #1 is a beauty with nice feather detail and a perfect BG