Brown Headed Cowbird

I captured this guy with my 80-400 on my D100 handheld. The Woodpecker was taken with my 300 f2.8 and my D100 using the Sidekick.
Comments welcome as always. :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nicely done, both of them. I have not seen a cowbird this year yet. They are easy to ID, tho. That is a good image of one, and the 80-400 is quite capable at that type of shot handheld and is really a great "walk around" birders or nature lens because of it's versitle range and great vr operation. The redbellied woodpecker is a fun bird to get pictures of because of the wide range of colors they have and it helps that they are often found in residential or park settings. fun to shoot.
I lucked into a beautiful pileated woodpecker sunday BUT i had my macro lens mounted. He chose not to wait for the lens change. Good pictures!

Cowbird

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the comments. I am down at my summer place which is on the edge of a National Wildlife Preserve here in Cape May County. We get a fair number of birds around here.

I know what you mean about mounting lenses. I seem to always have the wrong lens mounted when a good bird opportunity happens. :)

BHCB

Flew said:
Ed,

Now your challenge is to get a couple of the BHCB in full flight. 8)
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your comments. I don't think that will happen. Maybe a Snowy Egret or a GBH. I ned to get down to the bay.
:D :D

Must be nice to take shots like this from your deck!!! Think of what you could accomplish if you walked 100 feet! !*LOL*

Seriously, great shots!

My Deck

TOLady said:
Must be nice to take shots like this from your deck!!! Think of what you could accomplish if you walked 100 feet! !*LOL*

Seriously, great shots!
Hi Sandi,
You are so right. I have to get down to the bay and get some shore birds. Thanks so much for the nice words. :D :D

Very great shots Ed,

You are getting to be an expert at this. I'm jealous :>))

Don't know how I missed this post.

Now off to work. Forum has grown soooo it is hard to keep up..

More Birds

Gale said:
Very great shots Ed,

You are getting to be an expert at this. I'm jealous :>))

Don't know how I missed this post.

Now off to work. Forum has grown soooo it is hard to keep up..
Hi Gale,
Thank you for the kind words. The birds have returned to Cape May, and I am enjoying capturing them. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom