Brown Headed Cowbird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by EdMac, May 3, 2005.

1. I captured this guy with my 80-400 on my D100 handheld. The Woodpecker was taken with my 300 f2.8 and my D100 using the Sidekick.
    Comments welcome as always. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nicely done, both of them. I have not seen a cowbird this year yet. They are easy to ID, tho. That is a good image of one, and the 80-400 is quite capable at that type of shot handheld and is really a great "walk around" birders or nature lens because of it's versitle range and great vr operation. The redbellied woodpecker is a fun bird to get pictures of because of the wide range of colors they have and it helps that they are often found in residential or park settings. fun to shoot.
    I lucked into a beautiful pileated woodpecker sunday BUT i had my macro lens mounted. He chose not to wait for the lens change. Good pictures!

3. Cowbird

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for the comments. I am down at my summer place which is on the edge of a National Wildlife Preserve here in Cape May County. We get a fair number of birds around here.

I know what you mean about mounting lenses. I seem to always have the wrong lens mounted when a good bird opportunity happens. :)

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ed,

I like 'em both, but that woodpecker really pops. Great job!!

5. Nice couple of shots you got there Ed. :D :D :D

6. Pops

Hi Frank,
    Thanks for the nice comments. It looks like the local birds are returning.

7. HI The weather is improving, and the birds are retuting. Thanks for the nice words. :D :D

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ed,

Now your challenge is to get a couple of the BHCB in full flight. 8)

9. Nice shots Ed, sharp and well exposed. Keep em coming!

10. BHCB

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your comments. I don't think that will happen. Maybe a Snowy Egret or a GBH. I ned to get down to the bay.
    :D :D

11. Keep them coming

Hi Harris,
    I will try. These are all from my deck. Now I need to get out there after the shore birds. LOL :D :D

12. Must be nice to take shots like this from your deck!!! Think of what you could accomplish if you walked 100 feet! !*LOL*

Seriously, great shots!

13. My Deck

Hi Sandi,
    You are so right. I have to get down to the bay and get some shore birds. Thanks so much for the nice words. :D :D

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very great shots Ed,

You are getting to be an expert at this. I'm jealous :>))

Don't know how I missed this post.

Now off to work. Forum has grown soooo it is hard to keep up..

15. Love the woodpecker image! Great lens that 300 f2.8

Bohdan

16. More Birds

Hi Gale,
    Thank you for the kind words. The birds have returned to Cape May, and I am enjoying capturing them. :)

17. Great Lens

Hi,
    Thank you for the comments. The 300 f2.8 is one of the best lenses that I have.