Brown pelican - dive

Going for a catch

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Nicely done. Only those who have tried this can fully appreciate the difficulty. Viewed in real time they look more like they're crashing than diving. Photography really lets you see that they are in perfect command of their bodies. I read somewhere that brown pelicans trachea is offset to one side(right side I think). They turn their heads just before they hit the water to prevent damaging it.

Superb sequence you've captured Allan. I know how difficult it is to capture a sequence such as this one and have all of the frames in focus, very well done.
Thanks. It does seem easier than it is.

Nailed it!!!!! Wonderful sequence!
Thanks Karen.

Fantastic
Thanks Randy.

Nicely done. Only those who have tried this can fully appreciate the difficulty. Viewed in real time they look more like they're crashing than diving. Photography really lets you see that they are in perfect command of their bodies. I read somewhere that brown pelicans trachea is offset to one side(right side I think). They turn their heads just before they hit the water to prevent damaging it.
Thanks. I will try to get to get that shot next time.

Real Name
Dan
In the last frame the shutter timing was just right to show how they throw their wings and feet straight back just as they hit the water. Very cool.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom