Brownie Scouts She-n-Me weekend...

Last weekend I took my little sister camping on the Brownie Scouts She-N-Me Overnight Camp...well, it wasn't exactly roughing it, but it was still fun...She's 8 years old and this is her 2nd year in Brownies and her first year to get to go on the overnight camp. She was excited!

We got there just as the sun was going down and I was able to snap off a couple shots Lake Guntersville...here's one of them...
23063063-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The next morning we got up and before we even got to have breakfast (didn't even have coffee or access to the NikonCafe) we had the Flag Ceremony. The girls did this all themselves (w/a little coaching from the Camp director).

23063064-L.jpg

23063070-L.jpg

Next they had a little play time, breakfast and then a few activites, crafts and a short hike. After lunch they took a break to swing by the lake.
23063073-L.jpg

Then came the fun part....They got to go canoeing. Jade, my little sister had been canoeing before...lots of times....but many of the girls and their mom's had not....as you can see by this last picture....They don't look like they are real sure about what they are doing...but they had fun and that was the important thing. These are first timers here...
23063072-L.jpg

Jade slept the whole ride home and as soon as we pulled in the driveway she woke up and started talking about going back next year! Guess it was a successful trip for her....Me??? I came away w/2 gigs worth of RAW pictures of some of the cutest little brownie scouts you ever did see! I'd say it was successful too!

Thanks for looking!

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
How interesting... I looked at the picture of the canoeing and remembered that when I was in the Boy Scouts they required you to pass a swimming test before you could take out a canoe... they didn't have life preservers!

And the worse part is that we used to drive for hours to get there in cars with no seat belts and STEEL dashboards (c:

How did we ever survive????

Nice pictures... looks like a fun time.

Woody

Thanks Woody. We did have a fun time.

About the canoeing...the lady that instructed them was really great....she was patient and really went through it with them and helped them understand the mechanics as best she could in a limited amount of time. I was really proud of the girls for trying it. One girl got scared but after she got her feet on dry land I talked to her and told her I was proud of her for at least trying. After that she saw the other girls still having fun and begged to go back out....she was the last one to come back in!!! I heard her later begging her mom to take her canoeing again for her birthday!

This is what life is all about, Leigh!
Glad to see that you got to spend some quality time with your little sister and provide an experience to the youngster that will stay with her for a long time.
Plus, you got an opportunity to shoot some nice pics.
Thanks for sharing these images.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
your interaction with your lil sis is invaluable. your sunset is very nice and the canoing pic is cool too. no coffee or cafe?? ugh! nice job Leigh!

Way to go Leigh...

I will say it brings back memories of lots of fun with scouts.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone, I really did have a fun time. And it was even nicer to have you guys to share my fun time with!

Latest threads

Top Bottom