Brunch with The Beast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Nancy and I joined Philippe Roger and his wife for brunch in the fair city of Los Gatos yesterday. Naturally, I brought along the d70 with the 28-70... not exactly the lightest walk around combo, but hard to beat for snaps.

Not to rub it in for those of you facing inclement weather, but it's still summer-like in California. It was a bright sunny day, with temps in the 80s, and the fountain at the park was filled with kids playing in the water.

The park is a popular venue for the canine crowd...

... and also hosts a farmer's market.

Here's a table decorated by some beautiful tomatoes...

... and here's some beautiful tomatoes decorating a store :cool:.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I always thought those were called onions!
    After all they make your eyes tear up just like a onion does because you can have them.
    :biggrin:

3. Maybe you can have them, but those onions aren't on my diet :Depressed.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Like I said, my eyes are tearing up because I can't have them

As good friend of mine said, just because your on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu. :cool:

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice series...I love the tomatoes (the red ripe ones....)....makes me wish they were still growing in my garden...at least I had the forethought to can them for the coming months...

Thanks for sharing...I always enjoy seeing what you are up to!

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Excellent shots, espeically the tomatoes (both types) :wink:

8. Or as I often say, you can go to the zoo and enjoy looking at the elephants without bringing one home :wink:.

9. Thanks, Leigh! It's always a delight to get your comments :smile:.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    No, you just say, 'I was thinking of how much I love you dear' (of course, to that, Janie would reply 'OK, now tell me what you were really thinking' :rolleyes:).

Very nice shots Frank. Looks like you all had a bloomin' good time. :smile:

11. Hey Frank,

Lovely shots of the kids and the dog... but I must admit that the tomatoes look pretty good and appetizing, as well. :wink: Now, is that what people refer to when they ask whether it is pronounced "TomAAAto" or "TomEEEEto"? :rolleyes: :smile:

I think the poster who mentioned "onion" must have been confused with a "oh, none of your business" response, said fast... :confused: :biggrin:

It was a gorgeous day indeed, and thanks again for taking us out. It's always a good time. :smile: :biggrin: