Brunch with The Beast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Nancy and I joined Philippe Roger and his wife for brunch in the fair city of Los Gatos yesterday. Naturally, I brought along the d70 with the 28-70... not exactly the lightest walk around combo, but hard to beat for snaps.

Not to rub it in for those of you facing inclement weather, but it's still summer-like in California. It was a bright sunny day, with temps in the 80s, and the fountain at the park was filled with kids playing in the water.

50852401.gif

View attachment 17009

The park is a popular venue for the canine crowd...

View attachment 17010

... and also hosts a farmer's market.

Here's a table decorated by some beautiful tomatoes...

View attachment 17011

... and here's some beautiful tomatoes decorating a store :cool:.

View attachment 17012

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

50852399.gif

I always thought those were called onions!
    After all they make your eyes tear up just like a onion does because you can have them.
    :biggrin:

3. Maybe you can have them, but those onions aren't on my diet :Depressed.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Like I said, my eyes are tearing up because I can't have them

As good friend of mine said, just because your on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu. :cool:

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice series...I love the tomatoes (the red ripe ones....)....makes me wish they were still growing in my garden...at least I had the forethought to can them for the coming months...

Thanks for sharing...I always enjoy seeing what you are up to!

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Excellent shots, espeically the tomatoes (both types) :wink:

8. Or as I often say, you can go to the zoo and enjoy looking at the elephants without bringing one home :wink:.

9. Thanks, Leigh! It's always a delight to get your comments :smile:.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    No, you just say, 'I was thinking of how much I love you dear' (of course, to that, Janie would reply 'OK, now tell me what you were really thinking' :rolleyes:).

Very nice shots Frank. Looks like you all had a bloomin' good time. :smile:

11. Hey Frank,

Lovely shots of the kids and the dog... but I must admit that the tomatoes look pretty good and appetizing, as well. :wink: Now, is that what people refer to when they ask whether it is pronounced "TomAAAto" or "TomEEEEto"? :rolleyes: :smile:

I think the poster who mentioned "onion" must have been confused with a "oh, none of your business" response, said fast... :confused: :biggrin:

It was a gorgeous day indeed, and thanks again for taking us out. It's always a good time. :smile: :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.