BSOD - Memory Mgmt! - Caused ID'd? - FINAL answer

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
FWIW...... a couple of folks guessed it might be the RAM causing the BSOD's.

Well, since removing the old (2012) 16 GB of RAM and installing the new 32 GB of RAM.....there has not been a single occurrence of the BSOD at shut down - or at any time. Fingers still crossed........

Glad you found some stability there.....
I had "crash to re-boot" instability since christmas time.
have switched out the Motherboard (mobo), RAM, the CPU, and (because some of the events were during possible use of the video processor -OpenCL-), the video card.
Also re-installed Windows from scratch 'cause I thought the boot SSD might be corrupt. (Oh, the MOBO change required another Windows re-install :-( )
AND I have spent quite a few hours tracking down the most recent drivers.

Nah. Still problems.

Only part not YET changed out is the power supply. And no, I was not theoretically over-stressing the PS. This part can have diodes and other parts burn out and give crashes. Mine were not BSOD, but all those other parts can/have caused crashes with other people.

PS arrives next week, probably while I'm cooking pancakes at midnight down on South Padre Island. ;-)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
After 10 days of working flawlessly (I thought) on Saturday night when I shut down, I got the BSOD - Memory Management failure screen. Each night since then when I shut down, it re-occurs.

Puget really thinks it's a software/OS problem. They have me doing a few things....one of them "flashing my BIOS"! Supposed to be easy, but if you've never done it before..... Anyway, I'll continue to work with them and let you know how it goes.

The Important thing.....I need that Drinking Team support again!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Just to wrap up this thread in case someone else has this problem....

The final solution to the BSOD problem was to "flash the BIOS" with both a Chipset and an MEI update.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me along the way! Computer is back to working fine and has now been updated with new 32 GB of RAM and a new quiet rear fan!

Just one remaining question: Who is going to put forth a problem that is worthy of the Drinking Support Team springing into action?

Until such a problem arises, don't neglect the need to drill and practice regularly. We don't want our skills to erode from lack of use.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
We went to dinner last night with close friends. Lots of laughter and good times, and I didn't let the team down! ;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom