Buck

Discussion in 'Birds' started by greyflash, Oct 19, 2005.

1. This image was taken at the base of Mt. Diablo in Alamo, CA. My daughters house looks out on this view. Taken with a 70-200mm lens.

2. Gordon
    nice capture. my instincts tells me he is only a fraction of a second from bolting. every motor muscle he has is coiled for action.
    Dave

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hi Buck!!

Welcome back Gordon. Looks like you had a productive trip. Excellent capture.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    So nice to "shoot" them this way and let them live....He looks very healthy, Nice capture...thanks for sharing.

5. Your absolutely right Dave, he took off right after I clicked the shutter. I have one of him running but it is slightly blurred.

6. Thanks Frank and Leigh. It was a good trip and I was able to get some images other than the wedding that I went out to California to shoot.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    He is a beauty Gordon. Glad you were able to capture him.

8. Thanks Gale, I too like his alert look and the cross lighting.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Real nice buck Gordon
    He does have Oppps I better git look !!!

10. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Great shot of the buck. He is absolutely beautiful.

-JM

11. Great shot, something about the angle and terrain makes me feel like I am falling over or just hanging on. It definatly adds some drama to the image.

12. Gordon you got a great shot of this guy. His stance is incredible. Glad you had a great trip.

13. Great shot Gordon! Must have been close to get him w/the 70-200... Good job!

14. Sweet rack on that buck there Gordon, nice capture, I am hopign to get to Valley Forge PArk and shoot soem this fall and winter

15. It was a steep hillside Matt and I was hanging on to get this shot. Thanks for your comments.

16. Ben, JM, James, Jim and Mike,

Thanks for your very nice comments. I was fairly close to this buck but did have to crop a lot to get him this size. Mike, I was surprised to get close to this buck as they are usually pretty cautious. He scampered after I took the shot. He was a nice healthy looking buck and the lighting was low in the sky at early morning.

17. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Gordon -
    Really nice capture. I second what someone else said about now nice it is to "shoot" a magnificent animal like this with a camera instead of a gun.
    Gordon

18. I think the thrill of the hunt is just as great with a camera and the lasting results are better. Thanks for your comments Gordon.

19. Man, that is a nice looking Bucl...nice catch Gordon!

20. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon,

I was looking at your pic again tonight, and I noticed something about it that makes it even better. The purple flowers in the background are just great. I don't know whether you noticed these or not, but when they really caught my eye. :smile: