1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Buckeye Osprey.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sjlarue, Sep 2, 2008.

1. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Went to a "local" watering hole this weekend and got some osprey nest shots. Parent figure is still feeding kids but they are not going to be there much longer given the time of the year. I was close to the nest...but not too close.:biggrin:

Hope you like.

1. What are YOU looking at!
    Osprey1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(Juvi 1)
    :biggrin: I was so close that unbeknown to me one, of their perching spots...was right above me. I had to quickly change position and move some branches to get a shot. Juvi 1 was more interested in preening at first to notice me..but eventually it did. It posed for a minute or two then went to another tree and finished preening.

2. Time for lunch!
    Osprey2.jpg

(Juvi 2 and Parent figure coming in for landing)

3. Dig in!
    Osprey3.jpg

(Juvi 2 and Parent figure with what looked to be a shad.)

4. HEY! Where's mine!
    Osprey4.jpg

(Juvi 1 returned to nest and whined because he/she didn't get any.)

5. Waiting patiently.
    Osprey5.jpg

(With no chance of getting a bite, Juvi 1 must wait for Parent figure to bring next fish.)

2. Very nice series. Very good job with these images.

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks Louie. I had a great time taking them.

And people that I sent this to on another forum asked me if the nest really leaned that far over...Yes it does. I hope that they replace it before next year.

4. steve,
    a nice series
    cool "action" shots

tahnks for sharing these with us

5. Nice shots Steve! The adult ospreys I've been shooting have been gone for over two weeks now just the juveniles are around. That nest looks like its about to tip over!

6. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks Greg.

Thanks Anthony, I think that it's not too much longer up here either before they finally have to fend for themselves. Yeah, it has a "slight" lean to it. :biggrin: The people that put it up and maintain it said that they know about it and it's been that way for a few years know and the osprey seem to not mind. Go figure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.