Bucking Horses

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by davidwcramer, Jul 24, 2007.

1. From Monday's shoot. I call this guy White Lightning. He seems to know he's a good-looking stallion. He certainly knows he's the lead stallion and has responsibilities. One of those is to check me out and keep me at a certain distance.

[​IMG]

And a few bucking shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Must be where the phrase "Kicking up your heels" comes from. Thanks for looking!

2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great shots David. They must know you by now.

3. Thanks Torben. I think they are familiar with me. But I'm certainly not accepted as one of the pack!

4. Slingher

Slingher

Jun 30, 2007
    Titusville FL
    The bucking horse shots are very nice, but I REALLY like the first shot. The way he is looking at you and the colors are just great. Keep em coming

Jessie

5. David, another excellent set. I continue to be amazed at how close you can get to these horses. Great job.

6. Thanks Jessie. He really is giving me the once over. And he's marking his stand. I've learned with these horses that they are less threatened if I sit down (look smaller), which I did at this point. He then walked a little closer, I'd say to about fifteen feet of me.

Thanks Louie. These were all taken with the 70-200, which gives me great flexibility when I'm this close to them.

7. Great photos, David. I so enjoy looking at them, seeing their traits and behaviour. It must be fun for you as well. That first image is beautiful! I love the lighting.

8. Another great series, David, but I must say that is one of my all time favorites in your wild horse series.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

[​IMG]

9. Thanks Sandi and Virginia. He is a great subject to photograph!

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wowowow
    FANTASTIC
    Look at the eye on the 4th image. And posture.

The are all beautiful images.
    Could not really pick a favorite.
    They are all outstanding on thier own

11. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Gorgeous pictures as always David.

12. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    David I doubt you get tired of hearing this that fisrt shot of the Stalion is fabulous. :smile:

13. Thanks Gale. I love seeing their postures in photos... stops the action. Their long manes and tails help to display their flowing movements as well.

Thanks for your comment Jimmy.

Much appreciated Troy. The first one is one of those shots that it was only after getting it downloaded on the computer that I realized it was a great one.

14. Ohhhh David! That first one is absolutely gorgeous!:eek: The bucking shots brought a chuckle - I love to watch horses frolic and play! Beautiful captures as always!

15. Beautiful David. As a major horse lover these are a joy for me to see. Horses in the wild running free.

Beautiful

Lil

16. Thanks Dianne and Lil! Your comments are appreciated.

17. David, I don't know if you know..... The horse in the lead is normally the lead mare & the one taking care of the end is normally the stallion. Reason being that the mare leads the way in case of danger, while the stallion takes up the protection from the end.

Don't know if this is the case here, but since you seem to be spending some time with them I think you might find it interesting to observe this relationship within the herd.

All the ones I've seen of your wild mustang shots are wonderful - thanks again for sharing

Lil

18. Hi Lil - Yes I am aware of that. And most of the time this guy is at the end of the train (along with me!).

19. I just wanted to make sure, cause many people don't know that.

Anyhow, he sure doesn't look like a mare. ;-)

Keep the great shots coming. I'm constantly signing petitions in regards to the wild horses & horses etc in general. Can't stand people who round them up illegally for not the nicest reasons....

Lil

20. Shep1

Shep1 Guest

Wow....that first one is fantastic

Shep