bud to bloom balloon flower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Robert, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
  2. Robert,

These are lovely!! Are they balloon flowers?? I think they will bloom until frost with just a bit of gentle pinching!! I was going to plant them, but I ran out of pots in my butterfly garden!!

I just traded my 200 micro away and now you are tempting me with these images!! Ouch!! I think I'll try to stick with the 70-180 micro for a while. Thanks for post, the color and detail are fabulous!!

3. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Hi Crystal,

Yes, these are Balloon flowers, and I'm going to be looking for more to plant next spring. They're beautiful. I'm pleased to know they'll bloom late...with just a pinch? I'm not sure what you mean. Should I top the old buds or squeeze them? lol
    Your 70-180 is a fine lens. Perhaps some day you'll get another 200? Mine was purchased only a short time ago and I must say I'm impressed. I do appreciate that it also serves a s a 200 telephoto that is sharp for those times when I find something else to shoot apart from macro when Im out using it.
    Thanks Crystall...appreciated!:smile:

4. Hi Robert,

You're welcome!! Yes, I think you might be able to pinch the dead blooms to encourage new buds. Perhaps someone else can verify this for us??

5. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Hey guys heres mine.Great plant and blloms all summer.Just keep deadheading and it will reward you all summer.
    arnie

DSC_3788.

6. I am definitely planting one next year Arnie!! Very nice!!!

7. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Oh you'll love it.everynight after dinner my wife deadheads it and the next day more appear,Definetly get one a real pleasure.

8. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Thanks Arnie! I'll start dead-headin' tomorrow!! Lovely photo, and I can see where you've snipped the heads off!:smile: